When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My 6265 Fetish

HauteHippie

I wonder how'd it sell if they rereleased the classic daytonas in today's larger form factor?

Considering they would probably price them at $40k, hard to say.

In any case, if they ever did/do re-release the 62xx Daytona,I would hope that they would NOT supersize them (or add a date feature, which is 1 of the things that set the Daytona apart from (& above) other chronographs).

Considering they would probably price them at 40k, hard to say.

In any case, if they ever did/do re-release the 62xx Daytona,I would hope that they would NOT supersize them (or add a date feature, which is 1 of the things that set the Daytona apart from (& above) other chronographs).

You'd have to price at or modestly above today's Daytonas and well under the cost of a vintage to make any sense I would think. Anyhow I think it's a damn good idea if I do say so myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I asked someone that question once and he said it would negatively affect their vintage market, I don't know if that's true or not but we have a case study with the Monte Carlo, maybe someone who knows can say if the newer re release of it affected the vintage mc market.

You'd have to price at or modestly above today's Daytonas and well under the cost of a vintage to make any sense I would think.

I dunno... There have been several high-profile reissues that have sold for more than the vintages on which they were based: The TAG-Heuer 40th Anniversary Monaco still fetches more than a Monaco 1133B from 1970, while the PloProf 1200m is just about tied with the old 600. And as recently as a few years ago, 60s-era Blancpain Fifty Fathomses would sell for 1/3-1/2 of a new one's retail price. It's perverse!

As for modernized classic Daytonas, have you seen the Bamford & Sons with the "Heritage" Paul Newman dial?

what movement in it?

KeNny is putting me one together with this dial here:

tn.jpg

tn1.jpg

going in this watch:

gen tube/crown

gen plexi

gen folded bracelet

ingod dial

soften case

It should be really sweet as is yours SIR GLWS:

rolexday.jpg