When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Franken 168000 Triple Zero - Completed

redwatch

Congrats! It turned out beautiful! I would love to do something like this but I don't have the patience it takes to wait, get parts one by one, wait, get more parts, and wait some more! Kudos to those of you that have the patirnce to build these masterpieces!

Very nice. All gen! That is insane.

It is somewhat insane. Cost to build was about $1k less than what a gen would have cost to buy outright. Bottom line though, it was way more fun and this piece will have far more meaning to me than any gen I could just buy.

Very sweet piece. Congrats. You're going to enjoy having that one on the wrist for years to come!

You've got that right :tu:

Beautiful work!! Looks great on your wrist.

I agree. It really is a great size. I do love my PAM as well, but this is just so well balanced.

Sweet man!!! Congrats on the amazing build, sure looks great!!!

Enjoy :)

You know I will enjoy it!! I can't stop looking at it!! ;)

so....tired of it yet??????

:innocent:

Nope..... never!!! :D

Congrats! It turned out beautiful! I would love to do something like this but I don't have the patience it takes to wait, get parts one by one, wait, get more parts, and wait some more! Kudos to those of you that have the patirnce to build these masterpieces!

It's the waiting, and hunting for parts that is the most fun. When you finally score that one missing piece and you know you can finally complete the build that the true joy come to fruition. For me it was when Ubi contacted me to say that he came across a set of gen hands with a really nice patina. I thought for sure it was going to be a long while before I found those hands!

Wow red! How does it feel to finally have it completed and on the wrist?

Feels amazing! I cannot believe it's done and finally on my wrist! I just love it! I have to admit, I have a whole new appreciation of Rolex (the old Rolex). The build quality is outstanding. The engineering it took to make this all go together so easily is quite amazing. I remember Ubi telling me that I haven't experienced anything until I've worked on a gen Rolex and I have to admit he was right.

Dang!!!! Looks awesome. Just enough character and feel. Love it! Inspirational as always

Thanks E! It sure does have some outstanding character! Although I have to laugh. When I showed it to my wife, the first thing she asked me was "Why is it so scratched?" :D

Liking the spider dial!

The spider dial is mesmerizing! I keep looking at it under different light and it looks so different each time. It's like there are subtle layers to the cracking and I keep finding new patterns each time I shift the dial around.

That looks fantastic! Congrats on a job well done!

Thank you good sir :tu:

Feels amazing! I cannot believe it's done and finally on my wrist! I just love it! I have to admit, I have a whole new appreciation of Rolex (the old Rolex). The build quality is outstanding. The engineering it took to make this all go together so easily is quite amazing. I remember Ubi telling me that I haven't experienced anything until I've worked on a gen Rolex and I have to admit he was right.

I had a similar conversation with Ubi and was told the same thing. It's so true. Putting a dial and hands and adjusting a Rolex is amazing. Everything just fits - no struggling...I have to admit, working on my Tudor was similar, but not quite as exacting...

Excellent build and great pics as usual, S! I'd love to see this one in person and put it next to my 16610. Hope u guys have another meet up at Disneyland.

Yes, we should get together soon. Perhaps we should get together sooner instead of waiting for Ubi to make it down? :drinks:

It's the journey, not always the destination. Beautiful build Red :tu:

Completely agree and thank you!

I had a similar conversation with Ubi and was told the same thing. It's so true. Putting a dial and hands and adjusting a Rolex is amazing. Everything just fits - no struggling...I have to admit, working on my Tudor was similar, but not quite as exacting...

The way the movement spins into the case and then just sits there is quite genius. :tu: Took me a while to figure it out as I kept thinking it must be harder than this!!

The way the movement spins into the case and then just sits there is quite genius. :tu: Took me a while to figure it out as I kept thinking it must be harder than this!!

I did the same thing the first time I removed the movement from my 5513. I kept turning the screws the wrong way and after a lot of cussing figured it out. Once done I was like "that was it?"

Turned out great. Very nicely done.

Congratulations Red, a stunning watch, i have to say i would not think the spiderweb dial is for me but it is still stunning and when you say about the different patterns it makes me think, hmmm maybe!

Under the crystal it is barely noticeable unless you are looking at it in a certain light and from a distance. But once you get up close to it, it just starts to draw you in as you wonder "what is different about this dial?"