When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Low beat movement

Hello,

I need a low beat movement for a case that accepts an ETA2824. The 2846 has a lower stem position and does not work. I found the ETA2452 and 2472 which have beat rate of 18000 bph and a stem height of 1,85mm, so only 0,05mm off.

And the ETA2782, 21600bhp, but a stem height of 2,00mm, 0,20mm off.

Does anyone know alternatives or want to share his experience?

Thanks!

Edited by 1680

alternatively you can transplant the 2846 guts into a 2824. i was comparing them, its the escape wheel , and fork, and probably the gear train that need moving. the rest can stay. but those are the hardest parts to move, so maybe if you were to get the movement serviced those parts could be put in its place at that time.

I must say that even with the stem height being off. .005 is not acceptable. I don't know if it's up or down .005 but you need to correct it. If it's down and you have the room to use a thinner dial spacer, do that. If it's up try a thicker dial spacer. The stem must be dead center of the case tube to insure trouble free service from your movement. Even if you don't have problems in the begining, it will be just a matter of time before problems occur with the operation of your watch. Hope this helps, and good luck

Has anyone experience with that? Someone tried it and ruined his movement.

I would rather find a movement that fits in, than converting a movement.

i think he ruined it because he was inexperienced, he popped out a jewel in the process but successfully DID transplant one movement to another movements base, any watchmaker by trade can do this, no problem while servicing your movement before use.