When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

This is kind of a fun article...

Realloth

I love how the author points out the heft of a gen rolex. "Take a Rolex, for example. You could probably use it for your light set of bicep curls" Other than gold rolex they all seem light to me. "check if the bracelet is full and sturdy; fake watches usually have empty bracelet links" Ha! I guess all those hollow mid links must be fake.

I wonder if this author has ever owned a nice gen?

ya i don't think this guy did any research at all after reading this. Is he basing this article off your typical 1990 $25 fake? I've seen real subs with hollow midlinks and replica subs with automatic movement, I haven't seen a quartz rlx in years, besides a gen one which I was reading an article about. I bet if you showed this guy a genuine quartz model, he'll tell you it is a fake.

ya i don't think this guy did any research at all after reading this. Is he basing this article off your typical 1990 $25 fake? I've seen real subs with hollow midlinks and replica subs with automatic movement, I haven't seen a quartz rlx in years, besides a gen one which I was reading an article about. I bet if you showed this guy a genuine quartz model, he'll tell you it is a fake.

The author should visit RWG before writing that article. :lol:

We're probably alot more secure in this pursuit than we think. Some on this board think that you can tell a SS Sub '05 model a mile away from the CGs or the pearl. A rep at my AD couldn't spot the tells (yes, she was relatively new), and was amazed by the quality of the latest reps. If you can spot a good sub rep across the room you are probably a freak (like most of us).

This article really points out that the info the general public gets is dated and inaccurate. Things have changed so much the last couple of years that it's hard to keep up. One guy told me that he could tell mine was a rep because it didn't have holes in the lugs.

I guess that the bottom line is wear your rep with pride. Unless you are hanging out with guys that are all wearing the real thing, nobody will know (or really care, for that matter). And if you are in that crowd, it's likely that you could afford the gen with a little discipline, if you are ill at ease with sporting a rep.

Man, where did they find this writer? his knowledge of genuine watches is very poor."any watch that sweeps, is more than likely a genuine". not his exact words, but that's what he was saying.......how naive. I guess that is why he is writing for askmen.com, and not some watch magazine. can't say I can expect too much out of that guy.....

Man, where did they find this writer? his knowledge of genuine watches is very poor."any watch that sweeps, is more than likely a genuine". not his exact words, but that's what he was saying.......how naive. I guess that is why he is writing for askmen.com, and not some watch magazine. can't say I can expect too much out of that guy.....

Anyone know how I can get hold of him and sell him a watch that says Rolex on the dial, and a second hand that sweeps ? :Jumpy:

:D

:lol::Jumpy:

"You can always try sinking your teeth into the bracelet in order to test its authenticity; if it molds to your teeth, it's probably real..." I suggest we all do this to PT's watches, you know, just to see if they're solid 14K.

And, my favorite: "...fake watches usually have empty bracelet links." I almost want to forward that to Richemont's marketing department.

Well, we know one thing: The world of replicas is safe from AskMen.com.