When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New member - Looking at the 3717

harvdog13

Hi all,

New member here - I've been a fan of watches for sometime now & have quite a few gens, but this will be my first time trying out a reps. So, as for my first rep purchase I think I want to go with the 3717 as I love IWC.

I am leaning towards going with Puretime for my purchase. Does anyone have any other recommendations that might be better or anything? I've seen so many posts regarding different mods & versions on certain watches, I want to be sure I'm getting the best of the 3717 world.

Secondly, how do mods usually work? Just send them into the mod & explain what you need or what? Is it easier for me to buy one from Puretime & try to get the mods done for myself, or should I hold out & look for a used one with mods done in the FS section, or maybe post in the WTB section?

Sorry for all the questions, appreciate the help!

Thanks.

Hi and welcome!

The IWC 3717 is definitely a good choice. It is a quite accurate replica in both timekeeping and replication (if compared to other IWC watches).

If you want a modded watch, then my suggestion is to have a look at the trade area first. Otherwise have your watch modded by vaccum, the results are amazing. Just prepare yourself for a long waiting time.

Thanks both for the advice. I took a quick peak this morning in the trade section - seems it's rare that IWC's come up often & when they do, they seem to go fast. I'll keep an eye open though - I'm feeling a bit impatient to wait a long while for a watch from Vac, though I keep hearing amazing things.

Just got one from puretime last week. The watch looks and feels great, stunning quality and feel. Of course it's not perfect, it has some issues: lume pads on 12, 3, 6, 9 are a little different colour and more block-like than gen, the date font has been updated which is not mentioned on their site - now the 7s are correct but the day font is the same as before so they don't really fit each other, also the bracelet SEL fit is bad. Other than that it's my best rep so far.

• Like 1

I just emailed with vac and he is at least 6-8 weeks out on the 3717

hi, i'm interested in a 3717 too and curious what this vac modder can do. Can someone ping me any details or his mods or suggest what's good to get modded on the 3717? I see there's a v1 and v2 model out there. I read v1 is the one to get due to better timings?

I tried emailing him too but email box is full. also, i tried doing a search but found nothing on vac + 3717.

thanks a ton

Edited by boylah

Welcome @Boylah

Not sure how you get a full email box at gmail but maybe you meant PM. Try him at Vac Lume vaclume@gmail.com

I'm not sure on the specifics of all that he does. Maybe someone else will chime on that for ya.