When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I hope you guys don't mind me posting pics of

some genuine watches.

I have in the past built up watches and have been through a million problems with dials, hands and cases. A while back I was going to build a 5508 but God reached down from heaven and handed me one.

Recently I installed a Explorer style dial in a 1018 and previously I have swapped movements and cases only to find problems with Datejust calendars being different than Submariners and so on.

I have also found that aftermarket seconds hands rarely fit good and often the center seconds pinion is too large to fit into the tube on the seconds hand. Anyway here are a few pics.

DSC_3848.jpg

DSC04737.jpg

DSC04718.jpg

DSC_3802.jpg

DSC_3770.jpg

DSC_3576.jpg

DSC04619.jpg

DSC04451.jpg

DSC04402.jpg

I have posted a few times here but this is kind of a reintroduction. I want to build a Plastic crystal Daytona with V72 and Texas dial but really what I want is to just buy one already done for me. ANyone know how much I should pay for a completed project like that??

Edited by whereisbrothersterling
  • Like 1

some genuine watches.

DSC04737.jpg

Very nice! :wub:

I have posted a few times here but this is kind of a reintroduction. I want to build a Plastic crystal Daytona with V72 and Texas dial but really what I want is to just buy one already done for me. ANyone know how much I should pay for a completed project like that??

Prices vary depending on parts used, the specific model, who built it & who is selling. Not sure of a source for 'Texas' dials & I would always factor-in the cost of a full overhaul when purchasing a pre-built franken. Click me