When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rwi Threatened To Ban Me?

Sherrington

I can't believe the following PM that was sent to me after I advertised 3 watches for sale on RWI. I followed all their rules and still I received this PM:-

"Choice of three dials" "Never worn"

Go the f*ck away if you think we dont know you are dealing..

You keep this up, one more post, you banned.

Why not just pm and ask?

Think we all fools?

Cheers,

Klink

What the F***

Are these guys for real. All because I have 3 DIFFERENT spare dials for a Breitling Navitimer that I bought a while ago from Joshua and I offered this for sale with the choice of which dial the buyer prefered. Then I would have sold off the spare dials at another time, I would have thought that any civilised moderator would have first asked politely why I was offering a choice of dial (although I can't see what's it got to do with them)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So now they have not only nuked a GENUINE for sale item but also they have NUKED a Sea-Dweller and LV I had advertised.

The moderator asked a question in his abusive PM "Think we all fools?"

No not all just you.

Thank the Lord for RWG and TRC.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Phil is a friend of mine :)

There is no question that Klink is a genious, knows his stuff and if those are his words to you..then they must be true :)

Maybe you have stepped over a line not knowing that you did so.....if so admit the transgression and ask for forgiveness and I am sure Phil will consider unbanning you

Regards

Gunnar :)

Phil is a friend of mine :)

There is no question that Klink is a genious, knows his stuff and if those are his words to you..then they must be true :)

Maybe you have stepped over a line not knowing that you did so.....if so admit the transgression and ask for forgiveness and I am sure Phil will consider unbanning you

Regards

Gunnar :)

Those abusive and accusing words are a direct copy taken from his PM to me.

Why should I ask HIS forgiveness? He should be apologising to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It seems to me you and Klink have a problem going on. Let see what we can do to resolve it. Seems like a over reaction and a miss-understanding.

The misunderstanding and overreaction is entirely on his part. I had purchased a Breitling Navitimer from Joshua quite a while ago (before I got into vintage Rolex's). At the time he sent the watch he also sent a spare black stick dial as a favour. I subsequently asked him for a white stick version, to buy, and he very kindly sent it for nothing (that's the kind of dealer he is). I also aquired a blue dial from another source. That is why I was able to offer a choice of dial for the buyer.

If Klink could have been bothered to ask politely instead of sending that PM, I would have given him the same explanation. I don't like being accussed of being a liar.

I really enjoy both boards and would hate to be without either! I recall your sale of the Breitling with the dials. I don't recall any issue with it. Some times the written word is so easily misunderstood. Contact them and see what they have to say. Most likely, just a mis-understanding but every one needs to remain calm! I have a couple of other (non watch related) forums that I have been on for years and have thousands of posts and I see this sort of thing happen more often then I care to. Hope it works out! :D

Right [censored]. First get your facts straight before you start accusing a fellow member of dishonesty. The reason I have 3 dials is because the guy who I bought it from (Joshua as a matter of fact, and yes you can ask him) very very kindly sent me a spare dial (the black stick version) when I originally purchased the watch. Then I asked him if he would sell me the white dial stick version which he again very very kindly sent me FREE OF CHARGE. Next Homer sent me a blue dial, again as a favour. You see I do have friends!!!! That's why I have 4 dials for this watch not because I am a dealer. If I was a dealer then the last place I would sell anything is on this crap rep forum.

I cannot believe you are such a stupid [censored]. I am sure you now feel like the [censored] you really are?

Other than that, the 'gent' does seem to have quite the skill with conflict resulution and communication, as evidenced by his words above..

and, yes, it is nice to have options..

Why Sherrington would bother to go to a "crap rep forum" is somewhat puzzling.

LOL

LIfe is Good!

(& hello, Gunnar!)

For a board that I thought was formed to relax on the moderation, they seem to have a lot of rules. I tried to list a watch (albeit I dodn't know they had a rule on #posts before selling) and I got my post "NUKED".

Nice place to browse but not my type of "community"

Sherringtons posting of a heavily altered pm from Klink is the clue.. I do not use profanity. I certainly did not ask him why he did not pm prior to posting..

Oh well,

'17 Jewel' David is quite the expert on whatever it is that he does, imo.

Cheers,

K

For a board that I thought was formed to relax on the moderation, they seem to have a lot of rules. I tried to list a watch (albeit I dodn't know they had a rule on #posts before selling) and I got my post "NUKED".

There are rules here too. There are very good reasons for a 20 post limit before you can sell on the forum.

I hope we can resolve Sherrington's issue.

Sorry to jump in here, but.....

We were not "formed to relax on the moderation" as you put it. I don't know that anyone has ever said that. If anything I would say we are probably one of the more overly moderated forums. We just try for a more relaxed atmosphere. As for our rules about the sales section, yes we have about 8 of them and they are plainly posted at the top of the sales section, for both reps and gens. Pretty easy to follow if they are read. Your post would have been [NUKED] if it did not follow the rules, they all are.

I pm'd him that to offer both a watch with choice of dial colors and a new watch, posted at the same time, was imo dealing, and the sales were nuked.

I did not use any profanity, and I did not threaten him with banning.

His response was the pm already posted.

My response was to ban in response to his return pm.

Yes, may very well have been simple misunderstanding.. agreed completelly..

however, his response was not one that would lend anyone to believe that there was any real misunderstanding, rather it would and did tend to reinforce the belief that he was dealing.... and

if not true, how could one know, especially considering the overall content and tone of his pm.

Klink

Life is Good!

I pm'd him that to offer both a watch with choice of dial colors and a new watch, posted at the same time, was imo dealing, and the sales were nuked.

He didn't break the rules: I think you made a slightly overzealous mistake. It happens, say sorry and move on.