When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Scam Alert: Beware Vintage.israel, Yonatan.ezo, SimonETLV

tmg

Guest zeleni kukuruz

For info.

Both bank wires that vintage.israel did here on rwg to two members, they both where cleared (they are solid and good)

He bought 3 watches from one member at 3000$

And 1 watch from the other member for 1000$.

Just thought maybe someone liked to know!

how long have they been Cleared? If the account has problems, or he stops payment on a check, as someone said, it could take weeks for the error to show up.If it does, your bank is going to want their money back. I hope you are correct, mostly for the sake of the guys who sold the watches.

Remember too, we have had folks come on board here, do a fair number of legit deals, prompt payment, sweet easy deals, then when they feel like they have built up  everyones confidence level, they hit a few members for a big score and then they are gone. It happens all the time on genuine forums, that's why when sellers are dealing in multi thousand dollar transactions, they demand references from the buyer, unless he is known and established on the forum. I bought a genuine Maurice Lacroix Calendre Retrograde from a seller on TZ a few months ago, I have been on TZ for probably 8 years, sold a few watches over there, well, this guy wanted references, or he wanted payment by Paypal gift. Since Paypal gift transactions are not reversible, he wanted to be assured that  I wouldn't  get the watch, cancel the transaction or open a dispute to get my money back. I emailed him first and told him I wasn't comfortable doing a gift transaction on Paypal for almost 2K, plus it didn't give me much protection either, He got a little indignant that i would even think that he would cheat me on a watch. I emailed him back that  I wasn't accusing him of anything, didn't cross my mind, but he was a fairly new seller and I would be glad to furnish references If he would do so as well. i actually had already checked him out by looking at a few of his sales on TZ and emailing the buyers for a reference. I sent him a list of 10 guys that I had bought and sold watches with over the past few years. The next day he emailed me that he would be fine with a regular PayPal transaction if i would split the fees. this was fine, and we made the deal.My point is, it never hurts to check out both ends of a transaction.

Guest zeleni kukuruz

@p153

You are so right, this is how deals should go. But we know all of them dont!

Vintage.israel dident send any checks, he did a direct bank wire, meening, direct from his account to the sellers account.

Anyway all is good in the end :)