When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Work in progress

dieselpower

I have sent parts to Domi for assembly. He is nearly finished and sent me a few photos, thought you might be interested to see. The build is a Daytona 6263 (surprise surprise). The case is a DW A7750. Gen glass, Ofrei pushers, Gen (tall) crown and tube, gen folded link bracelet, A7750 movement from an old EE6263 (anybody remember those?) dial and hands from the EE6263 and that's about it. Oh NY bezel is on its way to Domi to finish it off. Not a V72 I know but all in all for an asian powered 6263 I am quite hopeful it will be a nice piece. Observations/criticisms welcome.

post-2563-0-81137800-1347389758_thumb.jp

post-2563-0-28720500-1347389837_thumb.jp

Yes, then they'd have agonizingly long discussions over whether to call it the "V1" or "V2" bezel, with tempers flaring until someone posts about his new Red Sub and they'd all get distracted for a week, until someone came back on topic and referred to it as the "V1.1" and that would be its designation for all eternity. There would then be followup derision for any hapless soul that failed to identify it as a "V1.1"

I would round-off the tips of the lugs & check the bezel (when possible) for the infamous too-widely-spaced 1-1-0, a sure give-away to knowledgeable watch mavens.

Other than that, should be a beauty.

I've got a NY bezel on its way to me. I can't find where the thread is but if I remember correctly these bezels have corrected the 1-1-0 problem. I hope so anyway, that's the only reason I bought it! It will be fitted to the watch before despatch. As for rounding off lug tips, is this a thing that one can do oneself? Presumably you need a dremel?