When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My, what came in the mail?

lalalobster

post-43158-0-46174900-1347929669_thumb.j

The mailman brought a package to my doorstep and what do you know? It's the 029 GMT that I ordered! I was browsing the forums and I noticed there wasn't a lot (comparatively to say, the 111 reps) of posts about the 029, so I thought I'd contribute.

first impressions:

-The 029 is my second PAM rep and since it shares the same dimensions as my 005NV, it fits nicely on my 6.5" wrist (I have a flat wrist, this may not work with person with a rounder wrist).

-That tuxedo design really gives the dial a whole 'nother dimension. In certain lights, the dial looks like a simple black face, then as you gradually turn the dial so that it's directly exposed to light, the tuxedo design really comes out. Reminds me of my second cousin's Gen Green Sub. It certain light, the dial looked black, and under bright light it was obviously green.

-I like the date magnifier much more on the 029 then on Sub Reps. I find that dust collects easily on the date cyclops on Sub Reps and since the magnifier is located below the sapphire glass, it's much easier to clean the glass.

some things i would like to know about

-I have the Asian 2836 movement inside this guy. When I pushed the crown back in to set the GMT hand, it jumped counter-clockwise about a minute or two. Has anyone else had this experience?

-I read that the Asian 2836 movement's GMT modification jumps from hour to hour, but mine doesn't do that. Has any of you 029 owners with Asian 2836 movements seen this before?

I have a ETA movement and if push the crown down it doesn't move a bit.

I would strip the outside AR on the crystal to give it a more gen like look.

I had it done to mine and it makes a hell of a difference.

Wear it well.

Carpe Diem

Cats

Congrats on the 29. It looks fantastci. On the movement and how the GMT hand sets whether like a regular hand or in hour increments I had heard that it actually depended on the watch. In the old days they all just set as another separate hand (i.e. you could set them off kilter with the main hour hand). But I recall certain folks saying that the GMT hand jumped in hour increments which is what the gen with 2893 does.

The 029 is a fantastic rep, I love the tuxedo dial and find it oozes quality :inverted: just checked mine and the Gmt sets in what I can best say is half hr increments but stays where you put it when you push the crown back in.....mine says Hi

IMG_0336.jpg

Thanks for sharing ;) bracelet looks great btw

The 029 is a fantastic rep, I love the tuxedo dial and find it oozes quality :inverted: just checked mine and the Gmt sets in what I can best say is half hr increments but stays where you put it when you push the crown back in.....mine says Hi

IMG_0336.jpg

Thanks for sharing ;) bracelet looks great btw

Very nice...I too love that tuxedo. dial. I also love the numberd bezel. Sweet Pamalama ;)

Mike