When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My first Hublot - Big Bang Rose Gold Ceramic

Surashu

This is the gen watch I wanted for a while now:

post-40370-0-04066300-1348507364_thumb.j

I searched around and found it on Andrews' site : http://www.ttw168.co...roducts_id=9455

A few days later it was being picked up by DHL and then 3 days (Saturday, Sunday, Monday!!) to my door in England :)

Here it is out of the box!

post-40370-0-33869700-1348507716_thumb.j

post-40370-0-97310800-1348507666_thumb.j

post-40370-0-22298400-1348507763_thumb.j

Should have given it a blast with some compressed air!

Not the best pictures I know but so far it is running great and I am very happy.

In person the rose gold looks great, really solid.

As far as the dial goes I have been looking backwards and forwards between the gen picture and the watch and I cannot see any stand out differences but that is my untrained eyes.

Unless you overlay two pictures or start measuring with a micrometer I think it is pretty accurate?

• Like 1

Had a go with my brothers camera but I have no clue about the settings on an SLR so just used the Auto mode. Took about 40 pictures and these are the only ones that are not blurred!

I gave the watch a light dusting but man these pictures really show up all the little bits of dust and lint.

Would hate to be a photographer!

post-40370-0-88271100-1348570288_thumb.j

post-40370-0-82161400-1348570376_thumb.j

post-40370-0-98098800-1348570203_thumb.j

post-40370-0-03883200-1348570465_thumb.j

I was wondering if one of the key issues with all the hublots is the fact that the inner case on the gen is ti and so the SS rep version is too heavy in which case the ss underlying the gold on the rep would add more weight to make it closer to the gen gold weight versus other gold plated reps. Does that make sense?

I was wondering if one of the key issues with all the hublots is the fact that the inner case on the gen is ti and so the SS rep version is too heavy in which case the ss underlying the gold on the rep would add more weight to make it closer to the gen gold weight versus other gold plated reps. Does that make sense?

The RG gen is 240g... and the RG reps +/- 200g...

The RG gen is 240g... and the RG reps +/- 200g...

Great info. IMHO 15% weight differential is excellent for a gold rep of that size. Sounds better than the ss/ti versions where I haven't read the spesc but I have held the two at the same time and it feels like a bigger difference. Of course the one that is shockingly different is the Diver where that Ti mid case makes a huge difference. It is one gorgeous rep though.

...Of course the one that is shockingly different is the Diver where that Ti mid case makes a huge difference. It is one gorgeous rep though.

On RG there was a HB Diver sold for +/- 1000USD...nicely modded, but the weight is so off from teh rep, what a waste of parts and money on the rep. I have handeled both gen/rep...and that is a TO BIG of a difference!