When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My 1016 build.

monkeypunch

Ever since stumbling on LHOOQ's 1016 builds I wanted on of my own. I gathered up the parts and here it is:

pa022516.jpg

pa022522.jpg

pa022520.jpg

The build consisted of: DJ case, machined bezel from JMB, Cartel 7838 bracelet, Dial from ebay seller, Raffles hands, and powered by an ETA 2783 (non-hacking) that beats at 21,600 bph.

I may add a hack lever in the future, but I'm content for now :)

Great stuff. I have a liking for the 1016 and I have an old cartel version with eta 2836 inside. One spring bar has snapped so I can't wear it any more but I have a question. Is it a good platform for modding into a decent rep? I got it from Joshua about 5 years ago.

The cartel 1016 is nice, but a bit of a dead-end, modding-wise. The dimensions of its case (carried over from the old rep DJ) are such that you can't fit a gen-spec crystal, and the lugs are already drilled. You could play around with the dial, but that's already pretty good on this watch.

The cartel 1016 is nice, but a bit of a dead-end, modding-wise. The dimensions of its case (carried over from the old rep DJ) are such that you can't fit a gen-spec crystal, and the lugs are already drilled. You could play around with the dial, but that's already pretty good on this watch.

I'm wondering why you cannot wear it anymore because of a snapped spring bar. ?????