When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM 240 with new chocolate brown gator strap

gasebah

I really did not like the watchthat much when it first arrived but it was growing on me. And now with the chocolate gator from the watchboys it is my favorite watch.

post-41814-0-70338000-1349529556_thumb.j

That looks stunning! You picked out a right shirt combo as well.

Funny you mention it. A colleague said the same thing recently and actually it is true´. When I get up in the morning I first pick the watch, and then I pick the shirt that goes with it, :-)

I hope that is not I sign that I am finally loosing it. :-)

Stunning! :notworthy: where did you bought?

I bought this one from Joshua, but it is the H-Factory version that is available from different TDs. The strap is from the watchboys. The large-scaled alligator pattern is fantastic, and is a good value. I wanted to have a strap for the deployant as I feel that the chunky aftermarket buckles do not go well with this elegant watch. I have bought enough tool watches lately. However, I admittedly feel that TWB's regular Tang-Buckle straps may be made slightly better as the thin portion of the deployant strap is not done quite as well. Still an excellent value compared with any other choice out there and basically the quality of a gen strap at a fraction of the price.

Edited by gasebah

• 2 weeks later...

This is a great example of how a strap can really help make a PAM.....

The PAM Ti case whether awith a black dial or tabbaco etc is really lifted by a matte or nubuck darker brown strap.

If you want OEM style padding etc there are plenty of good and very reasonable options.... First off... if its factory made you want you can source a nice Hirsch strap... Hirsch made OP straps for about 11 years and you will find there own version of all the OEM versions they produced ... the main difference of course is the stampings and the model name.. then on some its just a difference of a turned stitch at the base etc... but once one its pretty much indistinguishable.. especially the Alligators.

The other is hand made, however the stitching can be a little below OEM because they are hand stitched and only edgeKoted not machine stitched and sealed. But these are still very very good alternatives..

Makers such as Mario (Orloff) or HKTan, Watchboys, Panatime, etc etc all depends on budget but take time to check out the strap dealers sections on the forums.

And of course go for a used or new gen available on the bay or Viapaneristi or Paneristi etc :)