When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor Black Bay on the way!

cougar1

Great pair ray, would love either one :)

/

Just to clarify with the rep crown: there was a bit of confusion over which was gen on the geek, the gen is actually the left in the pics above, it is the heavier engraved

design. Some people immediately thought the right one which was thinner engraved was the gen and said it looked a little better cut in teeth and design, but it's actually on the left one.

They are updating this on the prototype.

I meant to link back to the original thread:

http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=187824&page=8

• Like 1

Great pair ray, would love either one :)

/

Just to clarify with the rep crown: there was a bit of confusion over which was gen on the geek, the gen is actually the left in the pics above, it is the heavier engraved

design. Some people immediately thought the right one which was thinner engraved was the gen and said it looked a little better cut in teeth and design, but it's actually on the left one.

They are updating this on the prototype.

I meant to link back to the original thread:

http://www.repgeek.c...t=187824&page=8

After looking at these crowns the left is not very well cut and the engraved black rose looks smudgy (rough) the right is clear and very well done, so that shows that reps can be better finished than a gen, attention to detail on these high end reps is amazing we have to remember that a lot of high end watches are sometimes not so well finished as today these watches are also mass produced and not hand finished any more

i was looking over a 2004 gen submariner date with my watchmaker friend and we saw a bad finish cut underneath side of the lugs if this was a high end rep i would return it

but it was on a gen rolex !

also i was looking over a omega moonwatch at out local AD and it felt so tinny and light for 2900 euros, i decided purchase a trusty rep reduced which feels a lot more solid to me ok it has the 6 oclock subdial problem but after replacing the saphire crystal with a gen omega acrylic dome and replaced the wrong bracelet with a 60s expanding mesh i feel like i have a solid watch and for under 300usd !

Edited by aeromatic

Oh hold on a sec:

If this is actual pics of the gen crown:

IMG_2395.jpg

It looks much more like the engraving on the right crown above to me? Wtf are the on about on repgeek? :D

Edit: yep somewhere further down a page or two on that thread the one on the right is confirmed as gen! fcukin geeks :D

Edited by cougar1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...