When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pilot Rivet Strap for 3717

Cromag

Check out what just came in the mail today! A very special pilot strap with rivets to fit my IWC 3717.

I love the way the IWC Big Pilot straps look so I scoured the web to find one that was 24mm to fit my 3717. What do you think?

post-46003-135018462516.jpgpost-46003-135018463759.jpgpost-46003-135018464926.jpgpost-46003-13501846637.jpg

Thanks Red! I found it when researching the history of Pilot watches. Fascinating Stuff! The Luftwaffe pilots were given these before each mission and had to give them back upon return. I didn't realize that A. Lange & Sohne was one of five company's chosen to produce these, but they never made any after the war. Too bad. Now THAT would be a great fantasy replica to design and build. A "what would A. Lange design and build as a modern reissue Pilot watch" replica.

BTW I got the strap for $42 shipped from a Laco seller.

http://www.timequestwatches.com/id6.html

It's a very nice strap. The thing that bothers me with straps on the 3717 is that there is a very large empty space between strap and case compared to other watches. The hole in the lugs is far out on the lugs.

Have you had one in person to make sure?

Here's the link to the Tourby strap where you can see the dimensions.

The OP is a typo on the first strap. It should read 20mm

http://tourbywatches.com/shop/article_16/Pilots-Strap-M-Black.html?sessid=s8oQWoI9VIJsWTK5qOkMefni2WU8nwd4VkNP16Jpm0zQQpkRv6yDINELJ83rdkYb&shop_param=cid=39&aid=16&

pygatu3e.jpgeza4y9az.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...