When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New aftermarket High Grade Cosmograpgh / Daytona dials - Help Needed...

rolojack

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

after finally puchasing a gen bigred dial, my custommade by Phong bigred with correct subdials and font, gen crown etc. is for sale... there are still probably some flaws, but it`s one of the best rep dials you can get - and it was custommade... if someone is interested pm me...

can`t upgrade membership, so I post here...sorry

At the moment My watchmaker repairs the movement Cause Balance staff is Broken After falling from the Kitchen table....you can See pics on my Thread "bigred New Build" and you get New pics Soon. Dial was a Long Way To get it, it wasnt Good enough and phong Sent it back and back Again Till I thought it was ok, but it still has some flaws so I Finally bought a Gen...

good: font is correct, position of ROC correct, perfect anatomy of subdials like gen, gen crown, daytona printed red over white like gen

flaws: crown position little bit lefty, can be corrected, t-swiss-t correct font but little bit too lefty, daytona printing too bold but red shines genlike, you can draw it to perfection,

subdials too white, also can be modified.

ways better then DW etc, was a project for months!

regards

From my opinion, the logistics of manufacturing this number of dials to hold stock of would be daunting. I'm sure it would be a large investment of time and resource. 

I think if he did a print run sign up for each style and printed them more one at a time it would happen.

Or if we did a vote on the styles that are most wanted and encouraged him to start there?

There are a lot of variations, I see this as a daunting task. But my daytona project has slowed waiting to see where this goes.

His priority is to produce the most desired designs... And that is a total of 6 if I understood well. Then, it all depends on the demand after the first batch finally comes out !!!! He said he wanted to have it ready before xmas, but it seems it won't be... Wait and see : he will have to renew his stocks at some point if he wants to keep up his business, so those new dials will happen ! When is the big question....

• 2 months later...

I bought this from DW a few days ago (still in shipping). It's a V72. I don't understand why he insists on sending crappy low res quality control pics. I asked him twice for better pictures, until I gave up.. Whatever. I appreciate your input gentlemen. He charged me $290 for it. I hope I didn't commit anything stupid. 

Thank YOU

post-39466-0-43814100-1361957294_thumb.j

Sent from my  Typøs are courtesy of iPhone Autocorrect

Edited by zaza

Seems the project is starting to get somewhere. This is the best after market dial I have ever seen. Leaps and bounds above DWs previous offerings. Coronet might be a little off, but the stick markers are incredible (length wise), hope they are just as good in height. Font looks good to, the subdial numbers position might be a bit off (have a look at the 20 and 40) but could also be due to the camera angle.

One of the biggest tells on the silver dial will always be the sunburst pattern and shine of the original. Looking at your whitey lume markers it would have been best to replicate a service dial as the pattern and color seems to most closely resemble this.

Edited by dropbear2008

I appreciate your valuable input Bear. It's a keeper then? At least temporarily. I'm still planning to buy a Gen. At a certain pt in the near future. I just haven't been able to find anything interesting yet for under $2,000 I will upload more pictures as soon as I receive it. More opinions are welcome! Thanks folks Sent from my  Typøs are courtesy of iPhone Autocorrect

Edited by zaza

I appreciate your valuable input Bear. You think I should keep it then? I'm still planning to buy a Gen. At a certain pt in the near future. I just haven't been able to find anything interesting yet for under $2,000 I will upload more pictures as soon as I receive it. Sent from my  Typøs are courtesy of iPhone Autocorrect

For that price you won't find anything better.

Thank you Chief. Yes.. I believe it's fairly priced. But it's always good to have more than one opinion. Btw, I haven't been able to contact Phong for two weeks. His website is down since. Even emails are bouncing off his address with a Delivery Status FAILURE Notification. I hope he wasn't pinched or something.. http://jewelryandwatch.com/ Sent from my  Typøs are courtesy of iPhone Autocorrect

• 2 months later...

From my opinion, the logistics of manufacturing this number of dials to hold stock of would be daunting. I'm sure it would be a large investment of time and resource. 

I think if he did a print run sign up for each style and printed them more one at a time it would happen.

Or if we did a vote on the styles that are most wanted and encouraged him to start there?

There are a lot of variations, I see this as a daunting task. But my daytona project has slowed waiting to see where this goes.

+1

• 5 months later...