When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How to nicely start a vintage Daytona project ?

Valty

I think I found a cool way to start my third ( :bangin: ) Daytona project !

This will be a 6263 BTW

Almost 1 year of researches to find this dial & hands... and finally...

PA290607.JPG

PA290611.JPG

PA290609.JPG

PA290614.JPG

Now the tricky part will be to find a gen bezel at a fair price... Something is telling me this will not be easy !!!

Cheers B)

R.

Amazing ;) good luck on the hunting!

Thanks mate !! :)

Yes, good luck on the hunt. You might consider searching ebay for 1 of the aftermarket bezels like this (almost an exact match with the 4th generation gen - sorry, but I do not recall seller's name, but I believe there was a thread about these bezels a couple of months ago)

Thanks :) The only problem I found on all the aftermarkets bezels is they are all too thin compared to a gen bezel... not talking about the printings. I'll maybe will order one, just to compare with my gen service bezel. It can be a good way for waiting a gen one !

I'm anyway absolutely not hurry to finish this project - I already have a 6265 on it's way and a 6240

ok Valty, I take it ;-)

:D :D

Valty, looking good, mate! Just don't show it to user MIKE32500. I am sure he will chime in as to whether the dial is is gen "enough" and period appropriate when considering the exact geography and climate conditions of the source of the dial and its current home!

Sorry! I'm off topic... That's going to be another great build.

Valty, looking good, mate! Just don't show it to user MIKE32500. I am sure he will chime in as to whether the dial is is gen "enough" and period appropriate when considering the exact geography and climate conditions of the source of the dial and its current home!

Sorry! I'm off topic... That's going to be another great build.

LOL

Don't worry, I know him, he is not a bad guy at all :) Just a Daytona purist ;)

I think this third build will be something really cool at the end... Now I have 4 others projects to finish before starting to think about this 6263 !!!

It was just a "little" teaser... :)

I hope to finish at mid-2013 !

Loooving it!

Great stuff mate :)

Thanks mate ! :-) You can add the photo to your collection, I think there is not this kind of Big Red in it ;) Only the "floating" Big Red, what is a little different on the printings !

Wow... Not just a Big Red, but a Big FAT Red! Superbe!

You can imagine how much happy I am to have found this rare bird !!! :) :)

Did I forget to mention the handset is original to the watch with this dial ? That's the icing on the cake...!

Yep, like my 2 initial projects. I was thinking to try to make a group buy like we did before with Mr. Gimme :)

There is no other "good" solution for a Daytona case anyway !

Aaaawww, don't say stuff like that... You are sucking people into expensive-never-ending-builds!

:bangin:

:prop:

Aaaawww, don't say stuff like that... You are sucking people into expensive-never-ending-builds!

Hm... expensive-never-ending-builds are fun, right ? :D At least, this is what I prefer in the watches world...

Maybe a little of masochism :)

Amazing start to what I'm sure will be a fantastic build. Hang on to your wallet - it's going to be a bumpy ride!

Unfortunately, my wallet is crying for a long time with all these projects ... :(

Nice one, V, good luck with this project! Any chance for some pictures of its 6263, 6240 brothers in this thread? ;):D

Hi mate :) Thanks you very much !!!

The 6265 (my first Daytona project) is currently with my watchmaker !! Will be finished very soon ;)

It took much time to me to find the "right" WM... Not easy in EU

So I have many projects to make now !

After, this will be my 1665

And then, the 6240 will arrive... I hope before 2013 !

So I'm not ready to start the 6263... :D

Be sure I will prepare a nice thread with all my projects very soon... :) This will be amazing !!!