When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1675 help

cc33

Hey guys, I did some research and found that a 1960 1675 should have a 1560 or 1565 movement with butterfly rotor. The one for sale has a 1570 movement which shouldn't be in that model until later. Would rolex have changed it during a servicing for a 1570? Is there any way this is the correct movement?

post-38788-0-83272200-1352684567_thumb.j

post-38788-0-78459400-1352684638_thumb.j

post-38788-0-29536600-1352684653_thumb.j

post-38788-0-79755200-1352684663_thumb.j

I couldn't do it, I know what it is and wanted it pretty bad but I'm taking this collecting thing pretty seriously and I can't see rolex changing the movement for a more recent one, it makes no sense. The seller is asking 8200$ us shipped from Italy. I rather wait for one that is all original and pay a bit more. I love that the market is soft right now, I'm trying to scoop up as much as I can before the prices hit the roof again. Thanks for your input guys

I totally agree with everyone above. It's too much especially for a "put together" watch. Rolex service would not change the movement to a later one unless the old ones were not available, and they would have done a complete restore, dial, hands, insert, crystal, etc.

If you are picking up a watch to use as a beater, and the price is really really good, you can put up with some inconsistencies, but collectors want the watch to be original, or as close to original as possible. If a crystal or insert was changed at a service,they would probably be OK, but if it had a service dial, new hands. It would not qualify as original and the price would be less. In this case, changing out the movement to a newer none standard one was a big no-no. A true collector wouldn't touch this one with barge pole.

I think you made a wise decision. You may have to pay a little more for a quality example, but you will never regret it, especially if you should decide to sell it down the road.