When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Chronomat Evolution

Chronus

I'm not an expert on the Evolution form ... looks pretty good to me, but I did notice that the pushers look very dodgy in the stock photos :o

[NB. Pictures from Trusty's ad, but I would think all dealers will get these versions]

150208-14884.jpg

(Pushers don't look identical in picture above)

150208-14885.jpg

(Ditto with this, pushers are not identical)

150208-14886.jpg

(Aaaah now this looks better)

Are the pushers supposed to be this way, or the replica is just not made well ? :g:

Thanks for clearing up the screw down pusher situation! :3a:

also, dunno if you got to PT's thread, but i just read the latest update - there are actually 3 factories producing this watch. The on josh and andrew have is the first to market. There is another later this week which we haven't seen any of yet and there is a 3rd that will be out in a few weeks that PT has a prototype of.

This one will quickly get really good i'm guessing

also, dunno if you got to PT's thread, but i just read the latest update - there are actually 3 factories producing this watch. The on josh and andrew have is the first to market. There is another later this week which we haven't seen any of yet and there is a 3rd that will be out in a few weeks that PT has a prototype of.

This one will quickly get really good i'm guessing

Good news! Hopefully, with competition it will get real good :thumbsupsmileyanim:

One thing tho that is different is the bottom side of the case, especially the shape from the case to the lugs (also on the bottom) the joshua/TWG version is a bit square compared to the gen and to the one posted by Angus on TRC.

Jushua/TWG

150457-14838.jpg

Angus

150457-14839.jpg

The gen has the bottonside of the lugs shaped more like Angus's version

Edited by slickdick

One thing tho that is different is the bottom side of the case, especially the shape from the case to the lugs (also on the bottom) the joshua/TWG version is a bit square compared to the gen and to the one posted by Angus on TRC.

The gen has the bottonside of the lugs shaped more like Angus's version

I think it's the angle....

There's not much difference in the curve of the lugs.

Josh from Perfect Clones appears to be loading up pics of a better version with correct bracelet and new fast beat movement now! :3a:

Still looks like AR but looks nice from first glance.

The bracelet and movement were the biggest hold ups for me! We shall see we shall see! Angus' predictions seem to be correct so far!

ahh the tale of 3 breitlings

THis is the first time i have ever watched 3 factories Rush to market with the same model watch, at the same time with all the dealers climbing all over each other to get them out :)

if i wasn't so psychotic about wanting one of these, it would be funny :)

looks to me that Josh and Andrew have teamed up and created a super dealer buying power where they are getting first access to the newest stuff.

:) gotta love it.

I'm still wrestling with whether or not I'll buy one of these. It seems to me that the version that is slated to be released in two weeks will likely be the best version...but what I'm shocked by is how the various feedback about imperfections in the reps seem to be dealt with by the factories in real-time.

I'm shocked that the reps could be getting refined at the same time that they're being sold. Maybe I'm wrong about whether that's happening- but it does seem amazing how quick the turnaround is between feedback about flaws, and actual corrections within the manufacturing process.

This hobby is seriously addictive. I'm only now starting to appreciate the extent to which you can get wrapped up in it.

This hobby is seriously addictive. I'm only now starting to appreciate the extent to which you can get wrapped up in it.

Join the club... I am broke so way too much of my time is spent on here instead of going out :o

Guest chronomat123

That makes two of us, plus I've decided to stop drinking, so I basically study all the time when im not at class or at my internship or at my gf's, and when I'm studying, I have RWG or eBay in the background to help keep me sane.

Guest chronomat123

My take on these Chronomats, for what it's worth...

I'm impressed with the first model that Josh and Andrew have had, it's the first fake Chronomat ever that really looked good.

That said, we're all perfectionists.... and the lack of AR on the current model really bugs me, not to mention the bracelet finish and construction don't look right to me.

Personally, I'm holding off for the version Angus posted over at TRC-- aside from the red dial font, it's amazing, especially the strength of the AR as it appears in his photos. Also because its delayed release will give me the time I need to save up some money, lol.

Here's what I'm wondering. I have a spare dial from the last series of Chronomats ('03/'04) before the evo came out. I realize that the Evo case and bracelet wouldn't match an older CHonomat GT series dial, but I am desperate to get this beautiful dial inside a watch, especially since I've had to sell both my Chronomat GT and Crosswind in the last few months. I'm wondering if an older GT dial might fit in an Evo, even though the case is almost 2mm larger than the older non-evo Chronomat. If anyone ever called me out for having an Evo with a GT dial (which no one would...and it wouldn't bother me anyway), I could just tell them I bought a different dial for my Evo.