When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tapatalk vs Forumrunner...which one is better?

Admin

Mobile RWG browsing  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What are you using to browse the forum with your mobile?

• Forumrunner
    • Tapatalk
    • Mobile browser
    • Browse the web on a mobile? You can actually do that with a mobile?

Personally, I have been using Tapatalk for ages, but I recently installe Forumrunner on my Samsung Galaxsy S3 yesterday. and it looks really good (and it's fast to)

To help our members looking to make an informed choice when it comes to selecting an app to browse RWG, I would like to know what you use and why? Or do you perhaps just use a browser on your mobile, utilizing the great mobile skin we have?

I'd say FR is much better, but recently I haven't been able to get its "View New Post" feature working on RWG, which absolutely blows.

FR has been nothing but trouble for me on an iPad. I read the forums by "view new" and I mark all as read when done. Forum Runner has NEVER allowed me to view new, new since last visit etc. It is a pile of dog $hit.

I am pretty much back to the "browser" experience, on an iPad.

I use Forumrunner and am having issues.

A few days ago, I was getting Parse Errors, but it cleared up the next day.  Today, I have been getting "That page doesn't exist" errors on every single thread I try to open!  I have gone to other Forums and they work fine.  What gives?

I don't know whether it is a Forumrunner issue or RWG issue.

Anyone else having problems today with that error?

Using tapatalk and experiencing major problems with crashing since upgrading to the S3. Often, threads will open partly then crash. I suspect because the threads are pic heavy Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

• 2 weeks later...

Tapatalk on the iPhone is broken.  When Ken started his thread about his broken arm I made some posts, then went back to check later.

Now it shows two pages, so I click NEXT and it takes me back to page 1.

It used to work perfect, now I don't use it.  I use the mobile skin for RWG but I cannot add photos as easily as TAT allowed.

I uninstalled TAT, reinstalled, upgraded, you name it.  Busted.

Tapatalk on the iPhone is broken.  When Ken started his thread about his broken arm I made some posts, then went back to check later.

Now it shows two pages, so I click NEXT and it takes me back to page 1.

It used to work perfect, now I don't use it.  I use the mobile skin for RWG but I cannot add photos as easily as TAT allowed.

I uninstalled TAT, reinstalled, upgraded, you name it.  Busted.

Yup... having the same issue.  Brought it to the boss' attention and he mentioned that Tapatalk needs to release an update to work with the newest forum software

The tapatalk plugin for the forum has been updated and should work as intended now. The usual reply we get when we report problems to Tapatalk is to ask users to re-install the application.

I have no problems logging in and using the app.