When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Attention Zachary Cohen

Guest TTK

Attention ZACHARY COHEN.......cancel your Paypal complaint....your watch has been sent to you...ON 14TH....EE058500844TH........by EMS..you were notified of this......!

No correspondence from you at all.....apart from your initial order....!

ATTENTION all other dealers do not deal with this member....he'll raise a Paypal complaint without any discourse......!

No more Paypal from this point on.....WESTERN UNION only......or Nochex for UK customers.....European customers can pay by cash to UK locaation......!

I'm sick to death of Paypal now......NO MORE.

Edited by TTK

Stop crapping on my thread.....I don't care if you normally buy your reps from whoever.....if I don't reply to your enquiry.....it's my prerogative...just as it is yours to buy from Jay or whoever....!

Edited by TTK

Attention ZACHARY COHEN.......cancel your Paypal complaint....your watch has been sent to you...ON 14TH....EE058500844TH........by EMS..you were notified of this......!

ATTENTION all other dealers do not deal with this member....he'll raise a Paypal complaint without any discourse......!

:g:

No more Paypal from this point on.....WESTERN UNION only......or Nochex for UK customers.....European customers can pay by cash to UK locaation......!

:blink::blink::blink:

Sorry to hear. Paypal is certainly easy for buyers but given the horror stories, I don't see how dealers like Josh still accept it.

Stop crapping on my thread.....I don't care if you normally buy your reps from whoever.....if I don't reply to your enquiry.....it's my prerogative...just as it is yours to buy from Jay or whoever....!

I think that you need of ....

150650-14804.jpg

.... some fortune

Edited by MAHLER

Wow. I was impressed by your "10 reasons to buy from TTK", and was considering trying you for my next purchase. However, due to your "if I don't reply to your enquiry.....it's my prerogative" I have been inspired to not purchase from you! Thanks for the show of your true colors. EL is my man!

Oh Man....INCOMING!!!!!!!!!!

Neil is not a dealer....he is a procurer. If you read the 10 reasons objectively, you'll see that he provides a front line service in selection and filtering out of the [censored] that potentially comes our way. He is QC in the rep business. You don't get a sapphire crystal test, a small scale COSC certification, a 25X flaw examination anywhere else here.

I'm sure he's fine with people going elsewhere. You can't get his service anywhere else.

And if you dont like the fact that he's a little cranky about the crap with paypal...well...so be it. Neil's attitude is a legendary as his service. I'm sure hes fine with you not liking him either!!

Edited by crystalcranium

@M5Man.....I really love that avatar of yours....but you're making less sense than Mr Burgundy.......I was responding to the thread crapper......who had made an enquiry with me.....which I can choose to respond to or not....same as if he had made an enquiry and decided not to notify me whether he was going ahead with the purchase or not......a lot of tyre kickers out there....I choose who I deal with....based on history....or whether I like his handle or avatar or approach........MY choice......!

FYI.....the complainant made an enquiry to the wrong e-mail address and was given MY e-mail address......at which point I sent him an e-mail with his EMS number for tracking.....he never sent me a mail after the initial one to the wrong address.....and this all transpired over 12 days.....!

Edited by TTK

@M5Man.....I really love that avatar of yours....but you're making less sense than Mr Burgundy.......I was responding to the thread crapper......who had made an enquiry with me.....which I can choose to respond to or not....same as if he had made an enquiry and decided not to notify me whether he was going ahead with the purchase or not......a lot of tyre kickers out there....I choose who I deal with....based on history....or whether I like his handle or avatar or approach........MY choice......!

FYI.....the complainant made an enquiry to the wrong e-mail address and was given MY e-mail address......at which point I sent him an e-mail with his EMS number for tracking.....he never sent me a mail after the initial one to the wrong address.....and this all transpired over 12 days.....!

I am sure you do get lots of tire kickers - I apologize for any misunderstanding. The way it reads is that you were nonresponsive on an order. I definetely understand wanting to deal with the right type of customer. :)

I will retract my earlier statements.

As I stated, I am very in line with QC, etc. I was very impressed by his 10 reasons. I was planning on purchasing my next watch from him. But poor response (read customer service) and rude attitude is inexcusable in my book.

What do you think this is ...Kmart?????

Fine, your indignation with Neil's rudeness is logged and noted.

What you don't get yet is that it's whether he decides to sell a watch to you, not if you decide to choose him.

I agree,...please drop the complaint.

Though I can feel for you, having a watch way past due

with zero communication...

Think about the board and how this action will make life much more difficult for

the majority.

Not to mention that we don't need paypal looking in our

direction... it could cause a domino effect through our dealer base.... :black_eye:

I would rather lose a watch than put any strain on the community.....

Though I can feel for you, having a watch way past due

with zero communication...

I would respectfully disagree with your assessment of this watch being "way past due". I wouldn't even consider one of our drop shippers being "way past due" if only 12 days had past. There is plenty of history for any resonable person to know what to expect from Neil. I personally prefer having someone "look it over" prior to shipping vs a super quick delivery time but thats me.

What gets me is why anyone in this hobby would not try and resolve their complaint first with the dealer and second with the forum before taking actions that effect all of us. Too many "its all about me" people getting in the door IMO.

I think RT has a watch that is about 6 months overdue... that's what he is referring to... and as far as I know even if the option were avialble to him he would not file a Paypal dispute.

I personally wish Neil would respond more regularly, but regarldess a pp dispute is not the way to go...

In all fairness though I think it might save everyone a lot of hassle if TTK made it more blatently known upfront how long his delivery times might be and how intermittant his communication may be... removing paypal may stop some issues but I am guessing it won't cut down on the numersou emails and angry posts from users who are caught unawares of the nature of business with TTK. Noobs abound... as much as the community might wish it otherwise, it does not good to just complain about it without working to address the issue. I am sorry to see that in this case the address was the loss of paypal as I find the cost of WU somewhat daunting for small orders (10% surcharge on a $140 order).

It's entirely his choice what info he wants to put up and how he wants to conduct business, but I am guessing he gets a LOT of headaches from users who it would have been better to just ward off from the get go with a warning like "To be honest you may go months before you get your watch and I may never reply to your emails. If you are not ok with that DONT BUY FROM ME!".

Just saying fair is fair, promote the 10 legitimate high value reasons to buy from TTK but don't understate what empiracally is proven to be seen by many as a negative.

Hope that wasn't too much of a TC or a OT.

Edited by Devedander

@devedander...I see you rpoint...believe me I do.....but the truthh is that only a very small percentage of my customers have ever waited 'months'.....I do a spreadsheet analysis of ALL my transactions...date of order....to date of delivery.......date of posting to date of delivery......and the 'average' waiting time for POSTING is 13 days to the US....average delivery time from date of order is longer....averaging around 22 days.....that's because I check the watches......sometimes I have the watches IN STOCK....but not to hand.....what that means is...if you mail and ask if I have it in stock....I call my supplier and have it put into my stock...which I pick up every weekend.....now if you've ordered on a Monday....it could be Fri / Sat before I pick up your watch.....I don't give any guarantee that I will ship within 48 hours....other dealers do....I don't.....it ships when it's ready.

I can't analyse many other countries because they don't always confirm receipt.

As for making it known how long it takes.....I can't do that....every country's postal systems are different.....I've seen customers pay for EMS.....and lag way behind on delivery to customers who sipped registered air mail......it's a lottery....ask Happy T.....his EMS package has been sitting in Customs since 30th Oct....others who ordered regular mail have theirs.

Edited by TTK

I received my SMP in two weeks. Very pleased with it. Why is everyone bashing TTK? I don't get it.

Think of it this way; here's a possible scenario:

1. You buy a watch

2. You get it in 4 BUSINESS days.. CUSTOMS RISK involved

3. The watch has QC errors

4. You send the watch back... another 4 business days with GLOBAL EXPRESS shipping (+US$25) WITH CUSTOMS RISK to boot.. you could LOSE it in transit back and POOF goes your money

5. Seller processes your item for 2-3 business days

6. you wait twiddling your thumbs again... another 4 business days if your lucky.. REMEMBER THE CUSTOMS RISK?

Note it takes also a long time, much more frustration, and a higher degree of risk.... but of course one wouldn't know all this if one hasn't been purchasing many reps.

Thus, Neil is providing us a good service, no?

I think RT has a watch that is about 6 months overdue... that's what he is referring to... and as far as I know even if the option were avialble to him he would not file a Paypal dispute.

Whoops, sorry RT, I misread your post. Thanks for the clarification Devedander.

As for making it known how long it takes.....I can;t do that....evry countries postal systems are different.....I've seen customers pay for EMS.....and lag way behind on delivery to customers who sipped registered air mail......it;s a lottery....ask Happy T.....his EMS package has been sitting in Customs since 30th Oct.

Yes, sometimes outside forces clog the gears. I think the package Neil is refering to was posted around the middle of Oct EMS. Its been sitting in customs since Oct 30th. :( Sucks but what ya gonna do?

Should establish a madatory agreement with anyone who joins these forums..... attempt to settle any dispute with your dealer first then bring it to the forum if resolution is not reached.

@watchlover that's assuming a lot of negatives and if that happened every time it would be a fair comparison... that scenario I think is very unlikely though...

And this may not apply to this person in question, buy my feeling is that it's not so much the time taken or the cost as it is the feeling you get during the transaction... that's why people are willing to pay Jos a premium, because they feel good the whole time, secure and happy.

Neil offers a different value... but one that's not as appreciable to those who are new to the game... and one that can be very scary (in all fairness, until you actually recieve your watch, for all you know replicacenter is right, this is all a big scam and you just sent your money into a black hole). Customer service is a BIG part of business, again look at Jos...

Now you have had a good turn around with TTK and it seems a fair number of people have, but also a large number of people have had significantly poorer results.

Personally (and I don't mean to TC here) I ordered a noobmariner from TTK almost a month ago... checked directly with him and was told that it should ship in under 2 weeks and sent payment immediately with request for notice if there would be any significant delays.

Since then I have had no response from him.

I emailed him once about it a few days ago politely asking for any updates.

I have had no response.

I am assuming my order is in the recent shipment that went out, but I have no confirmation of that or a tracking number to give me security.

Bear in mind this wasn't just me hoping for a timeframe, I specifically asked and was specifically told about this particular item and order.

But to be honest it does very little to make me feel comfortable or secure.

Now in all fairness I knew up front TTK was "slow" sometimes... and I am not exactly freaking out over here, but it's still not a pleasant situation to be in, despite the fact that I think I am more educated on the situation that most noobs ordering from him...

I think results from TTK vary much more than from other dealers which may lead to some of the problems, afterall if 10 people all tell you it took 2 weeks yet it's well beyond that for you and no communication what are you left to think?

It may not be out of the norm for TTK, and in fact may be nothing wrong, but how would you know?

Communication and bedside manner have a very large effect... I think more than what TTK delivers, most of the issues come from peopel who do not understand the lack of the affore mentioned services that gets peoples panties in a bunch. I would rather here bad news than be left to wonder if it's bad... undboutably I can imagine it much worse than it really is.

@TTK I agree you can't really give exact numbers, but considering the variance in your turn around times (this is from what I have learned by reading about your past transactions) I just think it might be valuable to stress how much they may vary. I would think a small effort that could help in this area is putting more enphasis on tracking numbers... I haven't got one yet, but hopefully my order is sent... I think we all understand transit time is out of your hands, but not having a tracking number makes it harder to appreciate where that deliniation is. Then you wouldn't have to try and give delivery times, but rather just shipping etas.

If you do regularly send out tracking numbers then maybe I just missed mine or something, but otherwise I see this as a valuable opportunity for you to relieve yourself of some stress. I always think it's best in busines to be actively responsible for as little time as possible. From payment to "out of your hands" in the fewest days will leave the least amount of time for people to give you any trouble. Let them hassle EMS or USPS all they want.

I mean I see the biggest concern of most people being your lack of communication (or even more your variance in communication as it feels worse to hear that others had good communication when one has not than it would to hear nobody gets good communication... at least then you feel part of the norm) so if you don't want to change the way you do business, I just think more blatant upfront warnings as to what to expect might save you some headaches and filter out some customers who would be best to not do business with and if nothing else at least help alay peoples fears a bit more to know that no communication is indeed not abnormal and not a sign of something amiss.

To be blunt (and it seems you are an upfront and blunt person so I hope you can appreciate the comment without too much offense) it seems to me that some issues could easily be avoided with only a little more work on your end. I wish everyone had the sense not to use Paypal as a weapon and I wish everyone would read up enough not to ask who has the best sub... but wishes are just that... it seems some of the situations that have come up are loosely analogous to being angry at someone for breaking the rules of you forum, but not taking into account that you skipped posting the TOS on the signup page.

Best for all involved in the end.

I think your business model is not well suited to the customer base you support.

That's how I see it anyway...

Edited by Devedander

I can't believe anyone is still using Paypal. Personally I HATE PAYPAL and will never use them again unless there is absolutely no other choice. I had been a good Paypal customer for many years... last Thanksgiving I procured 20 XBox 360's on release date and sold them on Ebay. About a week later Paypal froze my account with no notice whatsoever. After a week of trying to get ahold of an actual person I was told that due to the number of fraudulent XBox 360 transactions I was going to have to go through an entire litany of procedures to unlock my account. I had to re-confirm my identity, my address, had to send them proof of delivery on all shipments (twice since the first fax was lost by them), had to fax them a copy of the Inovice from the distributor I had purchased the XBox's from and after all of that they still refused to unlock the account because 1 of the buyers was out of town so even though the item had reached its destination it hadn't actually been "delivered" therefore they couldn't unlock the account. That was the last straw... I finally told them to go to hell and closed my account at which time they informed me that the balance in my account (just over $12,000.00 USD) would be sent to me after 180 days.

Personally I would rather purchase a plane ticket and hand deliver the cash to Neil than use Paypal.

Sorry about that... just had to vent at the mention of Paypal!

Paypal Sucks

Cheers!

Kirk