When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Attention Zachary Cohen

Guest TTK

@watchlover that's assuming a lot of negatives and if that happened every time it would be a fair comparison... that scenario I think is very unlikely though...

Unlikely?

Assuming a lot of negatives?

With all due respect, Deve, you are the one who's assuming. I'm not pulling this one out of thin air. Murphy's law does hold :)

It happened to me couple of times--in a row.. I posted my rant in RWI.. people are bewildered how I got into such an unlucky streak.. :(

Based on my experience, I think the quality of the item is more important..

no offense intended to anyone: I can have the best customer service in the world, but if I don't have good control over the quality of my items, it is crapola.

If I have to choose between the two extremes, I'd rather buy from a concise man who personally inspects his items rather than buy from a man with good customer service with poor item quality...

Don't get me wrong. I like good communication and good quality items --who doesn't? :Jumpy:

:group:

Ordered from Neil on October 26th and got tracking this monday. Hopefully Ill get my noobmariner next week. I was actually more impatient when I ordered my PO from Andrew because I knew it could be here in a matter of days! With TTK I just ordered and kind of forgot about it cos I knew it could take a few weeks. Now since it is on the way Im bak to waiting for the postman now again! The tracking hasnt been updated either so thats no help! But in fairness when you order from TTK you know that you will get a great watch but everyone here knows you have to wait. If you cant deal with it just go to another dealer. Its all part of the fun for me anyway!

Unlikely?

Assuming a lot of negatives?

people are bewildered how I got into such an unlucky streak.. :(

I would say that the fact people are bewildered means you are indeed the exception and not the rule.

I don't mean to belittle your position but I see far more reports of "Everyting arrived and works well" than I do of "Something was not right upon arrivale" and even fewer "Things were not right and it cost me significant time and money to get it right".

I would venture that on average when things do go wrong, usually the dealers don't put much if any extra expense on the buyer and the added time probably puts them on par with TTKs long end...

Again I can only say from what I have researched around some rep forums but that's what it looks like.

Based on my experience, I think the quality of the item is more important..

no offense intended to anyone: I can have the best customer service in the world, but if I don't have good control over the quality of my items, it is crapola.

And that makes you the perfect customer for TTKs business model... but you have to be willing to accept that a large portion of the community differs from you. We live very much in an instant gratification, feel good walmart world. If everyone who bought from TTK was like you, then it would be fine and dandy, the problem is that they are not, and his business practice doesn't allow much flexibility for them.

I agree, I would love the best of both worlds... TTKs knowledge and service and Jos/EL/whoevers quality of service and speed... and should that come along I would think they would get a lot of business.

But in the business world there is a general rule, you can have 2 of these three things:

Good

Fast

Cheap

But never all 3... so I am not holding my breath for the magical salesperson to come along.

All I am saying is that TTK seems to be unhappy about some circumstances, which to be fair, I think he has the ability to influence significantly with very little extra effort...

Edited by Devedander

This thread should cut TTK a break, he seems like an honest guy that we should be happy is offering his services to this forum.

If you have a complaint about TTK post a new thread where it should go.

This thread is here to call out and bash Zachary Cohen who by panicking or by a planned scam screwed TTK and now all of us suffer.

Cheers,

M

Okay, there is some really good information in this thread about TTk and dealer communication in general.

But as to the original topic... has anyone even considered that he might just be doing it to get a free watch? I love how everyone is like "I don't see how he would just do it without trying to settle it first."

Where do you see anywhere that he wants to settle anything? There has been no communication. No emails like "hey where is my watch." That tells me this dude has figured out how to get a free watch, and he's following through with it.

Silly people.

This thread is here to call out and bash Zachary Cohen who by panicking or by a planned scam screwed TTK and now all of us suffer.

:whistling: ..... there is too hurry.... too hurry in the business

people are ruining a good thing here. :(

I think this .... the principal problem on us to reflect

Edited by MAHLER

Stop crapping on my thread.....I don't care if you normally buy your reps from whoever.....if I don't reply to your enquiry.....it's my prerogative...just as it is yours to buy from Jay or whoever....!

Sorry Neil, that wasnt ment as any kind of malice or derogetory comment towards yourself, I just mentioned it to show I am serious and not a noob messing you about (as I have a very low post count on here)..

Anyway nice to see you have impeccable customer service levels ;)