When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Delays from Minh - advice needed

danielv2000

About a month ago, I ordered a dial from MQ. I received it super fast. I was not 100% happy, so I contacted Minh and he said it he would replace it with something more satisfactory.

He told me to give him time. I did. I followed up twice and each time he has stated he needs just a few more days.

My concern is that we are getting close to the 45 day limit for me to file a PP claim - and no, it won't put in jeopardy this hobby!! Goods not as described is what it will most likely be. At the same time, I don't want to get into a fight with MQ. I hate having to think of a PP claim. I've never filed one myself.

Ay ideas?

Thanks

Had this a couple of times now with different things bought online, I'm not saying he is doing this (delaying) as I haven't dealt with Minh at all but, don't let it go over 45 days with PP or you have no course of redress.

If it was me I would ask the question outright to him and offer to delay any further action if he sorts it swiftly and within the 45 day period, if not he knows what you will do thereafter and it is then up to him :inverted:

Minh sells a lot of very nice genuine watches as well as his rep dials and cases. He has been in business for a long time, i believe that you are safe with him, but as others have posted, if you feel uncomfortable about the deal, I would simply contact him with your concerns and ask for a refund if he can't produce the dial within the 45 day time frame. i wouldn't threaten him, as it will do no good at all. Just state your concerns and ask him to please let yoou know if the dial can be done before the 45 day time is expired.

I emailed him on Tuesday advising him that while i am willing to be patient, the 45 day PP claim window was important for me.

No response... I will give him until Monday - thats a full week. I hope it works out as i was planning to buy a Comex dial from him!

Your call & no guarantees of a positive end, but, were it me, I would give him a full 2 weeks after your last communication before going to Paypal.
I wish i could! That would take me beyond the 45 day protection... I don't like the situation i am in.

Do what you have to to make the deal 'right for you' not him  ;) 

It's not the best situation but if you leave it now after letting him know the score then you run the risk of losing your money, pp won't give a toss mate, trust your gut ;)  

Assuming you have more than 48 hours left before the paypal deadline, send him 1 last email, explaining the situation (cordially & in simple English - remember, alot of Asian sellers rely on translation software, which often outputs less than inteligible prose) & giving him 48 hours to respond. Then, since it is mid-week & there are no Asian holidays to keep him from responding that I am aware of, if he fails to reply with something reasonable, you can then say you gave him every benefit of doubt.

By the way, recently, I have discovered that paypal treats rep watches just like any other purchased item, in that they will act on the buyer's behalf to refund your full purchase price in the case of a rep watch seller that either fails to deliver (as in your case above) or ships a watch that differs from the watch pictured/described on their website. Now, I would not assume that they will always help every buyer in every situation, but, in my case, I am batting 1000. In the past 6 months, I have had to inituate 5 disputes with (non-RWG) rep sellers over fraud or bait-&-switch tactics &, in each case, I have gotten all of my money back & paypal was well aware of what I had purchased. The trick is to do your due diligence before hitting the buy button. That is, email the seller & ask him to verify that the pictures & description on his website are of the exact watch you will receive &, if there are any details that are especially important to you (for my project, case size was all that mattered), indicate those specifically. Then, copy all of the seller's pics to a folder on your computer along with a copy of the webpage itself. Rogue sellers have a habit of changing or removing webpages when they get asked to verify details. This way, if there is a problem with the sale, you can make a pretty substantial case against any defense a rouge seller might come up with during a paypal dispute.

Good luck.

Freddy, thanks for the advice. Minh did come through with a reply last night after I formally requested a refund. He has asked for 5 more days to get me the "perfect dial!" Being a reasonable guy and wanting the perfect dial, I agreed. In 5 days, I will go the PP claim route. It will be close but still within the 45 days from payment date.

I will keep you posted. My gut tells me he wants to satisfy me as he does sell some high-priced items and gens. I imagine he might be lurking around these parts as well.

Edited by danielv2000

Freddy, thanks for the advice. Minh did come through with a reply last night after I formally requested a refund. He has asked for 5 more days to get me the "perfect dial!" Being a reasonable guy and wanting the perfect dial, I agreed. In 5 days, I will go the PP claim route. It will be close but still within the 45 days from payment date.

I will keep you posted. My gut tells me he wants to satisfy me as he does sell some high-priced items and gens. I imagine he might be lurking around these parts as well.

Hey mate, I think you're right, I don't think sellers like Minh or Phong will scam you / keep your money... If they starts to do that, they will kill their business very quickly...

And my little finger says to me their business are very profitable :) Why kill the goose that lays golden eggs ?

Hope you will have your perfect PN dial - can't wait to see that !

• 1 month later...