When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Singapore Trip Help...

dbutlerman

Hey Guys - A friend of mine is going to Singapore and I mentioned that I have the best travel resource in the world....you guys!  So, here's the scoop from my friend - any suggestions would be great - my friends are world travelers - they've been almost everywhere - they are in the their mid-60's but are very active...they are planning on going Mid-February

"We are looking for a 3 or 4 star hotel that is in an area/district that is located in the center of all that there is to see, close to the rail line so as to see the things that are not close, and safe to walk to and from at night.  In other words we don't want to have to take a taxi to whatever to see what there is to see and we don't mind a mile or so walk."

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

db2

welcome to my country :drinks:

If it were me, I will pick a hotel in Orchard if walk-shopping is a priority.

Someone mentioned Mandarin Orchard. That is actually a good choice in terms of proximity, price and comfort.

+1 for Mr.A. Mandarin sounds like a nice place, but I feel its more of a 5 star. If you're on budget look for the smaller hotels, perhaps, Orchard Hotel. 

Singapore's great, lots of food :) Should ask Mr.A to show you around. If he isn't busy that is. hehe

Mr A would like to show you around since you're already in SG right, my young friend? :lol: