When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

JLC Navy Seal

danielv2000

I'm thinking of branching out from Rolex and Panerai. Everytime a JLC Navy Seal goes up, I almost pull the trigger.

Size wise, how does this compare to a SD or even a DSSD? I've owned many Deep Sea's and have always sold them. Just too big.

Thanks for the input and comparative shots!

I think its a very nice size.

Little bit larger than the SD, nothing like the DSSD. It wears extremely nice. My wrist is 6.7" and its perfect.

But I have the feeling that you either love it or hate it. So you have to go by your own opinion. You can always flip it.

"Wears" about the same, if not slightly smaller than a 44mm PAM.  I have NO issue rocking it with my barely 7" wrist.

The height to width is proportional, so it is balanced. 

Also, being black with black bezel makes it look smaller on the wrist. 

It wears MUCH better than an old Breitling Steelfish that was way too top heavy.  Similarly, the DSSD is not balanced and too top heavy (IMHO).

Hey, thanks for the feedback. Anyone have a wrist shot with both the JLC and a Sea Dweller? @SGTUK, I know you own both!

Pardon the crappy quality pics guys but just got in from work  :inverted:

Jlc and your ex    :notworthy:

IMG_1440.jpg

IMG_1441.jpg

Blue Ceramic Sub

IMG_1442.jpg

Tc Sub

IMG_1445.jpg

Pam 029

IMG_1446.jpg

Smp 41mm 

IMG_1448.jpg

hope these help mate, wearing mine now on a maratac rubber strap, just ordered my very first custom straps because I like this one so much Vintage canvas and Black Shark  ;) can't wait!

Smp 41mm 

IMG_1448.jpg

hope these help mate, wearing mine now on a maratac rubber strap, just ordered my very first custom straps because I like this one so much Vintage canvas and Black Shark  ;) can't wait!

That SMP has me drooling. If you ever decide to part with it let me know.

OP,

My wrist is just under 7"...

No to the DSSD (just felt imbalanced imho- bracelet too skinny)

Yes to the classic Seadweller.

Yes to the JLC Navy Seal... except one thing regarding the crown- it does stick out quite a bit. Depending on how you wear watches, that extended crown can poke into the top of your hand. (Left hand, close to the wrist bone? it'll poke) Crown works great though- no worries about screwing it down, etc.

Of course, the other great thing about RWG is that if you buy the rep and don't like it, someone will buy it from you.

I'm waiting... I want one with a perfect triangle and lume. If not, it's going to eat at me!!

Problem is you can never be certain... I got a good one ;) You might too..