When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

More Rolex 6538's

Akira

F, that last one is really superb. Well done!

No kidding. Akira, you caught the look of a gen chocolate dial just right. It's not a homogeneous color; just like your dial, the brown is darker and lighter in places.

Nicely done! :tu:

No kidding. Akira, you caught the look of a gen chocolate dial just right. It's not a homogeneous color; just like your dial, the brown is darker and lighter in places.

Nicely done! :tu:

If I recall correctly, then you own a chocolate 1675 right?

Since A's watches have greatly inspired me, I went and purchased an Anthaya crown and tube. I'm now looking for someone to drill and tap for me so I can install it. The crown/tube really makes a huge difference.  Keep up the good work Akira!

Ditto i have also ordered a anthaya crown and tube for my trusty 6538 case i have a helenarou rolex logo gloss dial but i need to have the markers relumed as the markers are superluminova and flat ! Akira done some super work on those 6536/8s 

these crown/tube looks super and low priced , the rep crown is so wrong and the logo crown is just crap hard to believe those dials are the rep dials after that super reluming !

Now we need someone to drug Akira and get the formula for making the dials go "chocolate" so believably.

:lol:

If everything works out - I will present you a silver 6239 dial with tropical subdials - then you'll go bananas!

file_zps638b7a9f.jpg

Since A's watches have greatly inspired me, I went and purchased an Anthaya crown and tube. I'm now looking for someone to drill and tap for me so I can install it. The crown/tube really makes a huge difference.  Keep up the good work Akira!

Thanks mate, and yes the A's brevet crown is great value and makes a huge difference.

Thanks, aeromatic - looking forward to your build!

Update: I have just been informed that a little parcel came in with the morning's mail. The sender is a certain "Akira"... What can it be? ;)

Socks ? :secret:  :)

Not really. :)

attachicon.gifIMG_4866.jpg

Looking Great ! love the chocolate dial very authentic ageing And the leather strap makes it more so ! :)  :clap2: I doubt there are many gens with those spring stretch riveted bracelets mose were thrown away years ago ! these builds show no need for expensive cases and movements ! after spending 2500 usd on my first franken , and at the end of the day with a bit more cash i could get a gen sub or tudor !

Edited by aeromatic

• 1 month later...