When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Deep Sea Challenger repped

red series 3

Talk about a sea monster ! you would surely go straight down to the bottom wearing this! :) i remember those old gangster movies were they would tie a slab of concrete onto someone feet and deep six him in the sea ! with this watch you would do it quicker ! :bangin:

Edited by aeromatic

For $178 its gotta be terrible.

agreed. I saw it earlier but I stopped looking at it after I noticed that huge crystal is mineral and not sapphire. I just imagine what kind of distortion a 14.3mm thick rep crystal would have.

rolexshow1.jpg

Besides that's an experimental watch so it doesn't matter how accurate they make it, everyone would know it's a rep.

I imagine someone will eventually produce a nicer version &, if done with a sapphire crystal, I would consider putting 1 in my case. Like the original Deepsea (from 1960), it is certainly an interesting curiosity. In fact, if visually accurate, it might be worthy of some franken-add-ons (think - movement).

Problem with this one, it's huge!! I found the DSSD a little too ungainly for my wrist (About 7 1/2"), so my wrists are not tiny, but this one would overwhelm all but the biggest wrists. I might buy one as a curiosity, but I don't see it as a regular wearer

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Guy's pleas say that you are joking around now!!! This one is shiits ugly its so ugly you can call it Ooooogly!!!

And 51mm c'mon, the weight most be like my new born son Around 3,5kg!!!

The chines most be eating rise thru there ears, they go and rep this! and they cant even make desent crown gards and nice rehult on a simple regular submariner!!!

If anyone buy's it i demend wrist OR a leg pic of it!!'

God damn!

Like the original Deepsea (circa 1960), the new Deepsea Challenger was designed for marketing purposes only. It was never intended to be worn, at least not without a (gold) diving bell around your head.

On the other hand, if you appreciate the technology that went into it, then an accurate rep might be an interesting piece to have in your collection. I certainly would never want to be seen in public wearing 1, but, then, I feel the same about the current Deepsea, which has become a relatively popular model.

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Well if you ask me NON of the modern rolex watches are nice!!! They all went crazy that year when they designed the new line, they where all on helium gas that day!

And the deepsea is a kick in the face to all sea-dweller lovers.

But hey, this is just me ;)

The best thing about a deep sea is the cool blue lume.

I agree that nearly nothing from the current catalogue has the appeal of some of the older models.

I'd take the all blue WG sub if I had the disposable income.

This has some appeal but not in the same way as some of the earlier models.

Ordered both deepsea and plo and i sold them soon after just not practical for daily wrist use i like my watches regulation size 40mm, ok mabe a 42mm max but 43+ is just too much i would have liked a 41mm size deepsea

Ordered both deepsea and plo and i sold them soon after just not practical for daily wrist use i like my watches regulation size 40mm, ok mabe a 42mm max but 43+ is just too much i would have liked a 41mm size deepsea

i totally agree. i have had two DSSD's sold both. I have two  ploprof homage Ocean7,s and both are just not practical for everyday wear either. they won't fit under a long sleeve dress shirt, and while the titanium model is incredibly light for the size watch, it still is so big and bulky, it's "always there" on your wrist, whereas smaller thinner watches seem to disappear, and you don't notice that they are there until you look at them.I wear the Ocean7's when scuba diving and they are great for wearing around water at the beach, etc., but not for everyday. AFA I'm concerned, the last great SD was the 1665!!!