When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which Breitling to choose - for those of us with small wrists

breezethrusd

I have always been a fan of Breitlings, but most of the one's I have tried on look too large on my wrists.  I currently own a Tag carrera CV2014 with a leather strap and I love it.  I believe the case diameter is around 41mm.  Part of the reason why it sits well on my wrist is because of the case thickness on this model.

Im wondering what Breitling would look well for those of us with smaller wrists.  I really like the design of the Navitimer.  I'm considering ordering one with a leather strap.  Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks for the reply guys.  I really love the design of the Navitimer.  What aspects of the watch will make it look bigger/smaller on my wrist?  My thoughts are

-Color - Im thinking a dark colored dial (black or blue) with a white slide rule as suggested by hansmeier

-Band - Black leather band

Perhaps, one along these lines: www.silix-prime.co/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=115_125_199&products_id=1724

• 4 weeks later...

We got some threads running on other boards showing various size of watches on small wrist 6.2" - 6.5".

What I think determines the look whether too big or too small based on my observation are the combinations of:

1. Tastes.

You can always say you like the way they look on your wrist =))

2. Existence/absence of bezel.

Similarly colored bezel to dial would make the watch bigger. 43mm day-date carrera looked bigger than 44mm PAM due to this. So a blackbird, sosf, B01 would looked smaller than 43mm carrera.

3. Lug overhang/construction

Hublot, ROO are having lug that portrudes more than other watches. In smaller wrists it would look odd as the overhang are very apparent.

4. Thickness.

A 45mm radiomir are easily passed OK on my 6.2" wrist since its very thin. My 42mm superocean abyss is actually looked more odd because its quite thick.

5. Strap

Leather/rubber generally makes the watch smaller than steel bracelet.

Regards

Roni

dedu4ura.jpg

eny3eqy9.jpg

gase4e5e.jpg

Sorry dont have the other breits pictures in hand.