When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Super franken 6265 (Black Sigma dial) Value ?

level z

• 2 weeks later...

anyway, i have decided to delete my account.

its too diffcult with RWG.

CC33 has vouched for me but still you choose not to verify me when I have given you all my personal details, next minute your excuse is new members cant sell high value items.

since your system/rules sucks, I dont see why I need to be a VIP member and donate regularly to RWG.

thank you and ciao.

cc: Adam, thank you and I have learnt so much from you since i joined RWG. Sad to say, here at RWG, a man is worth by the no of postings here and nothing else.

The deduction is pathetic and I have decided to keep the watch anyway.

Omega, even if you offered me 2OK now, I am not selling.

Edited by chillermusc

Chiller, the rules exist to protect the many members here. This is not a democracy. You will be approved for high value sales if and when the Admin team has a better idea of who you are. As of now, you are a stranger. Your last comments only reinforce the reasons we did not already approve your high value sales.

I recommend you read the rules.

Geeze, I find it hard to believe that you (chillermusc) would be surprised that you could have no posts and come into this COMMUNITY of brothers who look out for one another and be surprised that you weren't allowed to sell a multi-thousand dollar piece right off the whip....

I was in your shoes once Chiller, I wanted to sell my franken phong daytona for around 5500$. I sent a pm to the admin and waited. I recieved a call from watchmeister one day and had a great conversation about watches and life and by the end of it he was satisfied that I was not out to hurt anyone. It sucked to wait, but it's part of the process.. I really hope that you don't give up on us. You have built a gorgeous watch! And you are more than welcome here. The vetting process is in place to protect members, no offence to you at all.

To RWG:

Chiller asked us to delete his account.  Instead I'm going to change the logon credentials and leave this here for awhile.

Some very valid points were made, and some very solid questions were asked and answered. 

This also explained why we vet people here before allowing high value sales.  It's a long (and expensive) way from "100% gen except for hands" to "Phong case and reworked movement."

Good work gents, watch each others' backs.  :tu:

I knew it was a phong case and movement, (with gen sigma dial. crown tube and bezel, can't remember if the pushers were phong's or gen). I wasn't aware that he was claiming it to be anything other than that. I wouldn't have vouched for anything other than what I knew it to be.

Edited by cc33

Be thinks the seller doth complain too much! Although he never got his listing, I feel sure it would have been titled "Daytona 6265 all genuine except for hands" just like the OP who originated this thread described it. So right off he is "massaging the facts". Now he's miffed because the admins didn't just automatically give him high value sales permission. He's complaining that he wanted to get a VIP membership, but couldn't, well sport, the fact that you have a VIP or Platinum  membership doesn't automatically vet you for high value sales. And nothing against you, and your really nice watch, but we have had scammers here before, and probably will in the future, just the nature of the game. What the difference is, if you or me or anyone else here, scams someone on a 200.00 USD watch deal, that's bad, but it's not a terrible blow to the buyers pocketbook, but if the scam is a 8k watch that's really only worth 4k then you have delt a crushing blow to the buyers pocketbook. That's why high value sales are vetted. It's nothing personal against you, but we all have to play by the rules, and the rules are there to protect our members. 

I wouldn't have vouched for anything other than what I knew it to be.

No harm, no foul.  I didn't mean to impugn you with what I said.  IMHO the Phong parts sources are murky enough that it makes my spider sense tingle when a seller says "100% gen" knowing the parts are from Phong.

I'm glad he did acknowledge their source, but if a newb came in here with a wad of windfall cash and saw what seemed to be a 100% gen Daytona for under 10 grand, and bought it, it would be a shame to watch the crash/burn.

Is it our responsibility to prevent that happening?  Technically no.  But if we can do it, let's do it.

I personally agree it is better to allow this kind of sales only for known members to avoid problems as much as possible...

Better to don't be hurry to sell this kind of pieces anyways. These are not easy to sell and buy.

And better to do not lie / arrange about the provenance of the pieces, too. Knowing our community can avoid such big errors like that :) :)

For now, I don't understand Chiller didn't want to take his time with us before selling his piece... Too bad !

Hope he will change his mind ! New passionates mates are always welcome :)

Valty,
I agree with you, new passionate members are truly appreciated and welcomed. Guys liike cc33 have brought a lot to the forum and I'm happy that he is here. However like you said, we have to move carefully because most of the members who would be interested in a watch like this one are either very knowledgable about what they are buying, or they enlist the help of folks who are knowledgable, but like nanug said the big problem is a noob with a fistful of 100 dollar bills, sees the watch, all he sees is "Genuine except for the hands". WOW!! A great vintage Daytona for 8k, so he buys it and when he gets the watch, he takes it to someone to authenticate his great "Deal" and here's where the music stops. For all we know the guy who sold the watch was a "one stop shopper" sold a 4k watch for 8k, quick 100 % profit and pooof he's gone.

Usually a watch like this will sit on the sales forum for a while, so it gives the experts time to dissect the watch and let everyone know it's not as described. If that happens, all well and good, but you can't count on it. We have all seen watches come up for sale, and in and hour, they are gone.