When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Yachtmaster..........Sean or TC?

ck5533

Recently TC has returned with second batch of YM, but this time the price is slight higher than previously. 

I am amazed with the accuracy of the specs compare to gen and tempted to get hold of one. 

Sean, however, do have one similarly and sold out long ago. To double confirm this, I have sent him an email to find out whether he is still have any stocks left. He is yet to reply. 

Visually, the main difference is Sean YM was fitted with clone 3135 and accept gen parts (i believe) and whereas TC YM comes with ETA movement. Personally, I prefer Sean case as it's interchangeable with gen parts. I never say I am going to look for gen movement but at least down the route who knows.....................one day. 

Anyone who has bought Sean YM, please chime in and tell us how good the case is compares to current TC YM......

regards

• 1 year later...

At this point you'll have to take what you can get on the sales boards. Neither is available 'new' anymore. People have varying opinions, but I think the general consensus is that overall the Sean YM had the slight edge in most areas. Do some reading of the various posts on each and make your own determination. Then wait for one to show up for sale and don't hesitate when one does.

I have a brand new BK/SEAN YM with a Swiss 2824, a worn but excellent TCFDYM with Swiss 2824, and a brand new Sean case set with 3135 dial and hands just waiting for the new Y3135 that is suppose to be available soon. I am going to be selling either the BK/Sean or the TC in about a month. I still can't figure out which one is better and get them confused all the time. If you are serious and can wait ill PM you when I decide.

At this point you'll have to take what you can get on the sales boards. Neither is available 'new' anymore. People have varying opinions, but I think the general consensus is that overall the Sean YM had the slight edge in most areas. Do some reading of the various posts on each and make your own determination. Then wait for one to show up for sale and don't hesitate when one does.

Wait what? Youre saying TC is out of YM's? I just emailed him because I want one!

Why not invest 108 USD plus shipping in exactly this one  http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_10&products_id=10122

than if You really love it and never took it off Your wrist again You might think of upgrading if necessary.

• 2 months later...