When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is this a good Rolex rep for $40?

TimeToPretend

I only paid $45AUD on the first sub rep i bought.that was nearly 6 years ago and whilst the bezel insert fell out last year. The thing is still running.

Although its ability to keep time has diminished it still only looses about 10 minutes a day.

I thought about upgrading it when I first found RWG but at the time the Aussie dollar had gone over parity with the USD and I was offered a gen 16610LV for a little over $4500 AUD from a guy in the US 

I thought that was a bargain and pulled the trigger. I took it straight to the Rolex service centre for authentication and it came back all good.

I've owned the gen for over 4 years but I cannot throw away the $45 rep.

I actually bought two at the time because I liked the green bezel but didn't know if I would like it in real life but thats the watch I kept giving the other to a friend and his still runs as well

just something to be aware of

the first pic you posted was a rep of a vintage model, the second looked like it had gen spec 2mm spring bars

the other pics you showed show a more moden model

not to forget all of the pics have a different background, which is kinda suspicious to me...

Like what my friend Mike (on a Bike, no less) said, see the real actual watch.

The pics would always look sweet, but gross inaccuracies are not unheard of.

Post the pics of the actual watch. Who knows, you may have gotten yourself a winner.

• 2 weeks later...