When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Finally! New Planet Ocean Ceramic Coming!

cougar1

Putting an LM logo on the back of this watch is just plain incorrect, and I'm not sure why they would do it.  You might as well put "Speedmaster" on the face.  You're right, I don't think anyone I know would have a clue.  Hell, I was at an AD the other day and the girl working the Omega counter told me all of the ceramic bezels were liquidmetal.  

But that's not the point.  I would know and it would bother me.  A lot of people buy fantasy watches just because they like the way they look, and that's fine too.  If you don't care, then have at it.  I'm just not going to buy one with such an obvious flaw.

The liquid metal logo on the case back does bother me. Another prime example of the factories placing flaws deliberately in order that we end up buying v2 v3 etc. It takes the p1ss if you ask me. They get 99.9 of a watch correct then screw up on something as simple as a pearl in example. I've stopped buying reps with obvious tells these days. Would rather save up towards a gen. Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Chill out guys! The Liquid Metal logo can be easily polished off no biggie and the rep factories have not deliberately duped us actually they :bangin:  bought a blue liquid metal and made the rep off of this one. You guys have been in the biz long enough to know ENGLISH is not the CHINESE first language and QUALITY CONTROL is non existent in CHINA!!!! :huh:

Just enjoy the new rep in all its glory. It's got to be better than the older versions.....i hope????

:unknw:

Wow I thought I was the most OCD anal person around. You guys take it to a whole other level. Lets focus on the great things about this rep not pick it apart. Don't buzz kill it for the guys who have been patiently waiting for this time piece for years. Can we all just get along :inverted:

A few real life pics of the 45mm coming in on some forums already, one or two already received by today. looks a damn nice watch, the less I say about the gen like double AR on the 45mm the better though. Thanks to R5tdi for the update. Not sure if he is on here so I took the liberty of posting a few of his pics for those not on rwgbz. It looks a very nice watch despite some obvious flaws.

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=43828

45106088-4F4B-4746-A175-D5AB40A78C19-248

88132337-40D9-4B40-BD9F-2E3C8923A4CF-248

4B362D7D-D3C0-454C-B722-70C74FC1710C-248

So, here we have a great rep, with OPEN caseback, and movement that does not have ANY resemblance to the gen piece ... and some people are bothered by engraving on CB ? Really ? Yes, it's a flaw, but next to having plain 2824 instead of gorgeous 8500 it kind of becomes insignificant. 

I know in this hobby certain (high) level of OCD is welcomed, but c'mon ...

regards

• Like 1

Totally agree, it's insane, hence my hitler video :) The big rotor screw in the middle of the 2824 is bigger tell than any wrong engravings! ;) It's only the front I'm gonna nitpick, and tbh apart from some mishaps there they've done a good job. I'm absolutely delighted they are willing to take on open caseback models such as this. It was getting to the stage that a large contingent on some forums didn't want any watch with an open caseback repped...."cos it won't be 1:1 with the gen, innit, I can't walk into an AD and flaunt my rep with that caseback window".

So, here we have a great rep, with OPEN caseback, and movement that does not have ANY resemblance to the gen piece ... and some people are bothered by engraving on CB ? Really ? Yes, it's a flaw, but next to having plain 2824 instead of gorgeous 8500 it kind of becomes insignificant. 

I know in this hobby certain (high) level of OCD is welcomed, but c'mon ...

regards

Hey guys I checked with the factory and the reason all the 45mm have liquid metal logo is because the watch they bought to replica it was the Blue Titanium Liquid Metal. So when they made the case backs it was for that watch in particular and they massed produced them for all the 45mm.

Looks more like an engraving filled with paint rather than just paint on metal.  Correct me if I'm wrong.  

And let me clear the air, I never meant to come off as upset or [censored] off about the "liquidmetal" logo.  I just said I'll buy the 42 that has a more correct back.  Nobody needs to try to calm me down or talk me off the ledge...

really?  "pi$$ed" is censored?

No worries at all vandal, this forum is calmer than others, there's about 25 pages over on the geek where things were getting a bit mental comparing to gen. I think they've calmed down a little now ;)

Edit: Some pics from a guy over on rwi, madcatlancelot, he received his 42mm, must say looks fairly decent.

DSC_0209_resize_zps431ac51f.jpg

And vs a modded 5th gen with sunny crystal. The rep AR looks pretty good!

DSC_0219_resize_01_zpsd6259369.jpg

Edited by cougar1

Point well taken vandal and devas....the ledge comment very funny :Dand my earlier comments was just poking fun at myself and others...I'm the most OCD out there but been wanting a PO for sooo long but was waiting on the ceramic bezel. Now let's get this watch!