When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Finally! New Planet Ocean Ceramic Coming!

cougar1

Small Issue was with a different watch :)

these are the 42mm btw, just a teaser, forgot to upload any 45mm but exactly same, may even have better placed smaller pearl ;)

Andrew was the dealer!

So by not sharing you want others to oversee a flaw and get stuck with a bad specimen?... Don't see what else would motivate you not to share? Kind of silly if you ask me.

• Like 1

Was with a different watch entirely Rolexman, an AP, didn't think it was relevant here ;) ...was just joking on that earlier. All these look good, just check the locations of pearl etc. Reason why I didn't upload all pics was there are too many of them :) There will be plenty of people dissecting these when they get them in their hands, for now you see what I see above.

So by not sharing you want others to oversee a flaw and get stuck with a bad specimen?... Don't see what else would motivate you not to share? Kind of silly if you ask me.

Some people mentioned the pearl over on the other forum, it's not actually as bad as some think, and the tilt of some qc pics can make it deceiving, it looks much better placed than 5th gen, although still a little bigger than gen.

utyJ6tK.jpg

Edit:

Gen for reference:

10554.1.med.jpg

Edited by cougar1

So what size is the qc pic just above?

The 45mm seems to have the correct bevelled date window, but i also notice that the silver ring on the insert is closer to the pearl triangle than the gen.

Also, the   -  between   CO-AXIAL   seems shorter than gen.  Just minor stuff but i can't wait to see mine!!   I really hope the AR & crystal is as good as claimed.

Edited by Importr

Hi importer, just looking at it and realizing the gen pictured above is 45mm and the rep qc is 42mm on that. How I always tell 45mm from 42mm in pics (it took a while for me to realise) and its fairly obvious when I thought about it :) ...is to forget the bevelled window which is not aways easy to see in certain angled shots, but use the distance of the date window from the marker as a guage. The 42mm is almost right ontop of the marker, the 45mm has that extra couple of mm gap. Anyway few minor gripes as you say, the dial is also not as 'sheeny' matte as the gen (if sheeny is a word :)) but it still looks a well built watch. Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh.

Also just a couple of things noted from rg now that more qc pics are available.

I see what you're saying, alot more reflections, perhaps camera angle I
don't know, will reserve judgement entirely about the AR and how good it
is until I see the watches. One AR on one version and non on another
would be a major faux pas. If it is lighting/set up not sure.

From this angle they are all showing similar reflections.

42mm

ku0FfvF.jpg

45m

Zb4ULL5.jpg

One thing I'm noticing overall is the pearl on the 45mm looks to have
improved immensely from the old UPO, it's almost centred, on all
watches. On the 42mm they vary a bit and it's not as clear cut an
improvement.

42mm

xE8kGoJ.jpg

vs:

42mm

utyJ6tK.jpg

45mm

3_zps0b876b38.jpg
Edited by cougar1

How they managed that I have no idea, it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me, overall the back of the watch bears hardly much resemblance to gen anyway, but at the same time it was shoddy, the only thing I can think of is they were/are using the same caseback for a blue LM prototype and they decided to cut a few corners and it was kept as a 'best fit' for all. ?

Cougar, thanks for the mega cut & paste, I just saw that thread on rg. Lol :-)

Hmm yes, some peeps are put off by one or 3 issues on the 45. It is pretty stupid (or greedy) to deliberately produce the wrong caseback. Perhaps the anticipated LM rep will revert to a plain caseback, forcing us to buy both!

• Like 1

Cougar, thanks for the mega cut & paste, I just saw that thread on rg. Lol :-)

Hmm yes, some peeps are put off by one or 3 issues on the 45. It is pretty stupid (or greedy) to deliberately produce the wrong caseback. Perhaps the anticipated LM rep will revert to a plain caseback, forcing us to buy both!

:) on the caseback, it would be exactly like something the factories would do, that would be kinda funny though in a tragic sort of way. :)

As regards the open case back have you noticed if you show somebody your watch they seem as interested with the back as as they do the dail and the flaws will never be noticed ,I love um.One other thing I really hope there will be no crown stem issues that's one flaw that's bigger than the rest.It looks a real beauty gotta got one!!!!

These really do look good, just a shame about the date window on the 42mm which has already been mentioned but overall they look amazing. Do we know if they are making the rubber straps for these? Thanks for all the updates and pics :)

What is wrong with the date window? The 45 has a beveled window as the 42 has not.....seems good to me on both reps.

Gen 42

49500693.jpg

Gen 45

99727851.jpg

Edited by DMS

I might buy one when they sort the caseback engravings. Other people might not care, but a lot of people on here will. Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I'm with you Craig. I sooooo wanted a 45, but the LM engraving is a definite deal breaker for me too.

Excuse my noobezum(yea i made my own word) but fellas its an AWESOME SUPER REP so What's the big deal about the LM logo? 99% of the people are like the honey badger...just don't give a shhhht! So enlighten me...what am I missing? Btw I'm not an Omega aficionado. Thanks.