When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Let's play a 1665 game...!

Valty

my guess was phong case, heres why:

bezel teeth are very characteristic of phong, sharp and deep, better than most reps but still not quite there, an unusual shape (angle) to them, plus the top part of the side bezel is always polished, this one is not, even if "Aged" it would should signs of wear from finger acid and would always be polished.

also the rehaut depth is actually quite shallow on gen dwellers, all rep cases ive seen have it too deep

ive also noticed more often than not gen 1665s dont have lug beveling unlike their little brother the 5513.

these are my observations which lead me to believe it was a phong case.

GEN

TA438-5.JPG

TA417-TA417-2.jpg

still a wonderful build and a very nice watch :good:

my guess was phong case, heres why:

bezel teeth are very characteristic of phong, sharp and deep, better than most reps but still not quite there, an unusual shape (angle) to them, plus the top part of the side bezel is always polished, this one is not, even if "Aged" it would should signs of wear from finger acid and would always be polished.

The bezel is Gen mate, and NOS, this is why it looks so new :) From service, this is why this is deeper than the original bezel. My Phong bezel was not so deep BTW, and more like your photos ;)

I love them. I've been wearing mine a lot lately. not quite as good as yours, but a lot of the same gen parts.

yours is a beauty. i really like the white plots on the dial and  hands. That baby looks as freash as a Daisy!!

Here is my old DRSD

post-327-0-38731300-1359664621_thumb.jpg

The bezel is Gen mate, and NOS, this is why it looks so new :) From service, this is why this is deeper than the original bezel. My Phong bezel was not so deep BTW, and more like your photos ;)

hah, my bad :D

NOS always has a way of looking different, or maybe im just that paranoid about whats gen and whats rep.

I wish I have your kind of finances, my 1665 project has been on hold for more than 1 year  :(

I'm guessing your project costed in the 5k ballpark?

Well, I have absolutely no charges for now, no children, etc. So I take this opportunity to make some great projects... :) :) It will be not the same later I guess !

We are more around 6k€ for this project... The only differences versus a gen are the middle-case and the global conditions of the watch. It's close to impossible nowadays to find a gen one in this conditions :)

I think it worth the cost I have put on it !

That is quite an achievement and must have been a loooong road  :yeah:

To be honest, not that long (less than 1 year) - making a vintage Daytona is quite more difficult  :balloon: Rep world taught me patience... :D

~~

Anyways, thanks you guys for all the comments, these are all very appreciated ! :) :)

I hope to come back soon with another great project...