When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor 7032 - one proud owner!

hiker01

Most of our long time members here know that I am so Anal about water resistance........I don't know what it is, but if I can't take my watch to the shower or the kitchen sink, it's 

not worth owning.......except of course if it's a formal wear type/model. If it's a tool watch (chronograph/diver/GMT) for me, it has to be water resistant.

So, when I got this from RED after a very smooth transaction (you could check his post to get the details about this watch), the first thing I asked him if it was water resistant?

Red's response? "Nope, I don't think it could be made water resistant; no xtal gasket and I don't trust the pushers!"

td7032face.jpg

I asked him to remove the bezel before he ships it to me, when I got it, I tore it down. I removed the pushers and applied a coat of Gorilla glue and screwed them back in. I greased

the tube and crown o-rings and coated the case where xtal sits with Gorilla glue making sure it was evenly distributed along the perimeter. I re-installed the xtal and made sure that

the date mag is properly aligned then use the xtal press and set it with some gentle pressure for about 2 minutes.

td7032side.jpg

Then I applied a thin coat of Gorilla glue on the under side of the bezel and installed and after I made sure that it was properly aligned, I use the xtal press with the right die size and

set the bezel, this time with more pressure for another 2 minutes.

td7032side1.jpg

I let it set overnight and the next day, I screwed the crown in; put an extra (thin one) greased o-ring around the last thread of the CB, greased the main case o-ring, close the CB tight

and put it in a gallon of hot water; put the gallon inside the dryer for 3 minutes then took it out and shook it hard for another 2 minutes........took out the watch and wiped it dried......

viola! Dry......and no fogging inside! Good enough for me to put back the movement, bracelet and off we go.

td7032bak1.jpg

td7032profile.jpg

Well, today I went with a friend to his Fitness Gym to workout. This gym is huge with indoor basketball court and running circuit in the 2nd floor, olympic size pool and another half size.

A huge whirlpool, jacuzzi, steam room and a Russian steam room. I thought......perfect place to test the 7032. So on it went on the wrist:

td7032wrst1.jpg

After 1 hour on the elliptical and 45 mins on the weight room; off to the whirlpool.....stayed 15 mins here.....a little worried at first, been checking 7032 a couple of times. When I got

out, it was looking good.....no fogging or anything like that. Went and did a few laps at the pool.......still ok!

td7032wrst.jpg

So off I went into the Russian steam room.......stayed for 15 minutes and checking the 7032 every 5, in kinda subtle way.....place was packed. That went well, so the final test......the

wet steam room. Now this particular steam room spews geyser like steam every 5 minutes that you could barely see your hand. The 1st round scared the crap out of me......the

xtal was completely fogged up......oh $hit.......so I kinda run it on my towel right after it cool down a bit.......whew, it was just the exterior. After 2 more geysers......I've had it, my balls

were cooked by then....time to take a shower and get some brewski at the Tilted Kilt.

Man, I was so proud of this baby. When I get it tested, I'm almost 99% sure it will pass 10ATM!

So, there you go. I thought I should share it with you guys. I'm like a new Dad..........

tudor7032.jpg

Tata! Cheers and ya 'ol have a great weekend! Go Niners!

great story and a beautiful watch. i'm just about as anal as you are about water resistance. It makes no sense to me to have a watch that says it's rated for 200 meters and you're afraid to wash your hands with it on. I don't expect my reps to undergo the types of pressures that their genuine counterparts are rated for, but 5-6 atmos isn't a ridiculous fantasy, I expect them to achieve that.