When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

comprehensive list of good watch brands around $1000 price band

totalwise

Is there any where I can get a comprehensive list of watch brands around the $1000 mark?

talking of which is there a full list of watch brands anywhere that I can grab from.

Need it for research purposes.

Thanks

To start this is some of the ~$1000 watch brands I've found

wittnauer
nomos
oakley
tag heuer
movado
rado
victorinox

• 2 weeks later...

Hey what about Invicta!!??? They have some really nice Swiss Valjoux movements for around $1200. That new SubAqua Noma V is the truth!

some higher end invicta do go for that price point, but the average price is $300 for them

Ok time to come clean. I'm a PPC freelancer. I help businesses advertise on bing and yahoo and google.

I'm doing work for a swiss watch company, which was pretty interesting being a watch fan. So I was trying to hide the big grin on my face when the client called with the enquiry.

I'm going to bid on the clients close competitors. so when the a user searches for a close competitor on the search engines - my client's ad will come up. So it's important to get the "competition" right. Not too higher end and not too low end - just right.

I've shortlisted these close competitors: One of them is my client, guesses will not be entertained, so dont bother. What do you think?

accutron

esq

gucci

hamilton

movado

nixon

nomos

oakley

oris

rado

revue thommen

tag heuer

true

victorinox

wittnauer

seiko - most go for $150, so wouldn't be right market.

citizen - is slightly lower end, some do fetch near the $1000 mark but most are $300 range

Edited by totalwise

Ocean7 Helson Zinex Armida Mkii Lumtec Bathys Benarus Boshett Dievas Magrette Stowa This adds a few...

a true watch afficianado I see.

The trouble is to make it worth my while to create competiting ads for these brands and monitor the ads in future, there has to be sufficient volume of traffic for them. A lot of these are not very well know and have very little presence in Google sdhopping which leads me to think they're not very searched for,

ocean 7 - little web presence (LWP)

helson - LWP

zinex - LWP (only 1 on google shopping)

armida - LWP

mkii - comes up as a model than a make (tawatec mkii, tng sailmaster mkii etc)

lumtec (seems like a little known watch fan watch (PAM homage) - wouldn't be suitable for my use.

bathys - LWP

benarus - LWP

boshett - LWP

dievas - LWP

magrette - LPW

stowa   - mostly $150 (too low end)

The Sisu or the Lum-Tec

Then you have the Storm, The TechnoMarine, Prometheus, Jorg Gray, Orient, Dievas,  I mean it goes on and on... :) I could list more but  why not just go to the watch blogs and watch review sites like Blogtowatch etc as these list brands known unknown and new etc

Here is a link to those sites mate or rather some of them :)

http://www.invesp.com/blog-rank/watches

I aint sure why you think Stowa is $150 they get much more expensive than that... most come with decorated Swiss movements ;)

Edited by PeteM
  • Like 1

I kinda like Glycine

Funny you say that I was looking at one the other day that I took a shine to.... the KMU 48... the others are too small for my taste though..

The Sisu though is bleedin enormous and weighs over a pound !!

Edited by PeteM

The Sisu or the Lum-Tec

Then you have the Storm, The TechnoMarine, Prometheus, Jorg Gray, Orient, Dievas,  I mean it goes on and on... :) I could list more but  why not just go to the watch blogs and watch review sites like Blogtowatch etc as these list brands known unknown and new etc

Here is a link to those sites mate or rather some of them :)

http://www.invesp.com/blog-rank/watches

I aint sure why you think Stowa is $150 they get much more expensive than that... most come with decorated Swiss movements ;)

thanks for the watch blog list, they'll be useful for content network ads - to be honest I'm not too hung up about the bidding on competitors names - the CTR is poor because the searching is obviously looking specifically for that brand so it's not a highly effective target. But if the competitor brand is close enough - it may just work. I'm just going to go for the most well know competitors maybe just 15-20 of them

Stowa: where I am - I see very little stowa watches for sale in google shopping. maybe it's the bias in my geographic and not many are sold here. I see maybe 3-4 used stowa watches beinnd solid fro $150 to $300. maybe the retail for $1000, I don't know. In any case the competitor brand has to be well known enough (like tag heuer, rado, victorinox) that it has lots of searches - as in thousands of searches every day.

Edited by totalwise

• 2 months later...