When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ceramic Planet Ocean Review (42mm and 45mm). Pic heavy

cougar1

What a great review & replication! The AR doesn't seem to be that great though... it was blue on the old PO, maybe it has changed?

I have to add this to the Omega Guide.

PS: Does anyone know if someone reviewed the PloProf at some point? I'd like to add that as well.

What a great review & replication! The AR doesn't seem to be that great though... it was blue on the old PO, maybe it has changed?

I have to add this to the Omega Guide.

PS: Does anyone know if someone reviewed the PloProf at some point? I'd like to add that as well.

Thanks a lot By-Tor, means a lot coming from you. After all it was your guides/reviews that got me into reps in the first place.

I'm sure there was a really good review of the Ploprof I saw somewhere, on RWI I think. trouble is I think the pics went down. I'll try find it later.

Great review my friend, love it, so informative!  I'm sold on the 45mm, even with the lack of AR, I can always get AR added later.

Regarding the HE valve being loose, is this the case on both the 42mm and 45mm?

• Like 1

Thanks, definitely the He is a little flimsy when opened fully, it seems a little more shaky on my 45mm than the 42mm when fully opened, when closed all is fine though. Don't worry too much about it. If anyone intends getting the watch wet then I'd imagine these He would be much better off glued shut and sealed in.

• 2 weeks later...

Really great review, thanks. It does seem that the hour hand on the 42 is too long. Does anyone know or can confirm this? Seems that they are using the same part as on the 45. Perhaps it's just me, but on the gen pics, there is a substantial gap between the end of the hour hand and the hour markers. On the rep, the hour hand nearly touches the hour markers.

Really great review, thanks. It does seem that the hour hand on the 42 is too long. Does anyone know or can confirm this? Seems that they are using the same part as on the 45. Perhaps it's just me, but on the gen pics, there is a substantial gap between the end of the hour hand and the hour markers. On the rep, the hour hand nearly touches the hour markers.

Correct! I have a 42 and the hour hand is from a 45 I guess. 

• 2 weeks later...

Correct! I have a 42 and the hour hand is from a 45 I guess. 

Ah I wish they didn't do that, it would probably drive me nuts. Do you notice it when you have it on your wrist?

Yes they do seem to use the 45mm hour hand on the 42mm, very little difference vs gen though, maybe a mm longer or less on the rep. It's not really noticeable at all, the narrower lume infill is much more noticeable for instance.

Anybody notice Omega released new gens recently. A 42mm and 37.5mm blue PO LM Ti. And also a PO GMT version.

http://www.omegawatches.com/gents/seamaster/planet-ocean/23290422103001

http://omegaforums.net/threads/42mm-37-5mm-liquidmetal-blue-po-titanium-now-out.4440/

13580-7705e132d3d41d8520f4106e41a7028b.j

13579-cbfcce50513e6f695a4a814ab267803a.j

Also there is supposed to be a CUPO release coming from noob factory soon. I didn't think they would go ahead with it but we'll wait and see. :)

Source?

Angus said it during the week, he's always maintained noob were doing a release, it just seemed slow coming out and once these were released I assumed it was just usual dealer politics. He mentioned it last week again that the release will be out in the next couple of weeks. So he is still insistent on a release. Will be interesting to see.

Hmmmmm interesting

:)

Angus said it during the week, he's always maintained noob were doing a release, it just seemed slow coming out and once these were released I assumed it was just usual dealer politics. He mentioned it last week again that the release will be out in the next couple of weeks. So he is still insistent on a release. Will be interesting to see.

Indeed. I hope it's for real.

I don't know whether to hold out for this or get an AP RO classic now. Choices choices...

Fantastic review and pictures cougar, I've been watching all the threads on these since they came out but yours is by far the best read :) I've not long ago bought a 2500 gen planet ocean and thought that I would have no need for one of these as well but I can't stop looking at the threads and yours has definitely helped me decide that I need one of these in my collection :) might just wait to see when/if the v2 comes out. Thanks for taking the time to post Cheers Ry :)

• Like 1