When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

NOT A ROLEX BUT STILL PRETTY COOL I THINK

correctime

Well...the 1655's and 16550/16570 were advertised as 40mm....(actually measure 39mm) 

This one is sorta like a hybrid.

The dial and GMT hand may resemble the 1655 "McQueen" (sort of) but the 42mm case, sapphire crystal,  bezel, font and maxi-setup size hands incorporate the 216570 Exp.II

IMO this still looks really cool......maybe a matching SL job and it'd be a great daily beater. :)

And ifya hurry there's one listed at just over half the price.....as we speak

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Wancher-Oyster-Perpetual-Explorer-Ranger-Bezel-GMT-Mechanical-Watch-/170995069046?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item27d019b076

I am not a Patent Lawyer, but Patents do expire, and that is why the likes of Invicata, etc can more or less copy the designs without issue.  As long as it does not contain a Rolex logo or association they are free and clear.  I believe the current Patent last 7 or 9 years.  This is also why Rolex makes major changes in about that amount of time.

Love some of the homage pieces that are around Steinhart in particular  :notworthy:   Love my Vintage Gmt and just ordered a Ocean Vintage Military, great value and awesome build quality too!

STEINHART_OCEAN_VINTAGE_MILITARY_WHOLE2_

Stumbled acrossed this looking around as I'm considering a 1655 build on a BK Noob Exp.II case and thought I'd share.

Pretty cool if you ask me....may have potential.

http://wancher.ocnk.biz/product/923

SEL is horrible on that one, the noob exp II is better then that one at half the price. When I look at some of thee homage pieces I usually thinking that I'm better off buying a rep. Rep is usually cheaper and the boards are good at sharing the known issues but some of these homages are made right beside the reps and are twice he price.

SEL is horrible on that one, the noob exp II is better then that one at half the price. When I look at some of thee homage pieces I usually thinking that I'm better off buying a rep. Rep is usually cheaper and the boards are good at sharing the known issues but some of these homages are made right beside the reps and are twice he price.

I agree....but the Noob Exp.II isn't using a 1655 looking dial either :)

I agree....but the Noob Exp.II isn't using a 1655 looking dial either :)

True, I just find it frustrating looking at some of the homages as they usually stir a desire to buy which is often met head-on by the lack of quality of craftsmanship. If only more of the homage brands allowed for customization of their watches then I might be more excited. Like a buffet, mix and match to get a watch that nobody else sells.