When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A Replica Order - Andrew @ Trustytime

sgtguk

Thought it would be good to give anyone who hasn't ordered from one of our TD's as yet a running commentary on how my order progresses with Andrew, I'm sure plenty of people have done this before but just in case here we go   :inverted:

So I've been eyeing up a Datejust II for a while now and I thought I'd take the plunge and order one today,

So first off I email with an enquiry to see if the piece I want is in stock (something we should all do before we pay!) 'web chat' says no one is home but leave a message anyway.....so I did and within 5 mins I had a reply that yes piece is in stock and pick my movement, Great :)

Not expecting a response that quick I go back to the website and add the piece to my cart and confirm the order, to which I find 3 pieces in my basket from my last visit (nice touch) but 2 of them are out of stock and will be for a while, a Hublot I liked was in stock the last time I checked so added it and confirmed all the way through   :inverted:  now got 2 explanations to give to the wife...... 

Selected payment method and within 2-3 mins email to confirm details of payment to Andrew, entered and confirmed shipping address, then emailed to confirm Payment sent to him, after about 6 mins he confirmed payment received and advised ems and Qc pics will be along asap......  :)

Now I'm off to bed........night   ;)  

Hope you don't mind me crashing your thread, sgt. I've just received a UPO 42mm from Andrew, that I ordered on behalf of a mate. It was my fourth purchase from Trusty, & I can absolutely reinforce everything you are saying. The guy is a dead set gentleman. Always quick replies, (no matter what time of day, I don't know when he sleeps!) & seamless transactions. I had the watch in my hands 8 days after my initial email inquiry. (I'm in Sydney). Gotta be happy with that. I emailed Andrew to thank him for such quick, courteous service, & even got a reply to that, within an hour! So if anyone was contemplating purchasing from Trusty, all I can say is, go ahead, you can order with confidence. Oh, & I hear what you're saying about the wife......................good luck with that!

BTW THIS IS NOT A PAID ADVERTISEMENT FOR TRUSTYTIME

Edited by simon05

Hope you don't mind me crashing your thread, sgt. I've just received a UPO 42mm from Andrew, that I ordered on behalf of a mate. It was my fourth purchase from Trusty, & I can absolutely reinforce everything you are saying. The guy is a dead set gentleman. Always quick replies, (no matter what time of day, I don't know when he sleeps!) & seamless transactions. I had the watch in my hands 8 days after my initial email inquiry. (I'm in Sydney). Gotta be happy with that. I emailed Andrew to thank him for such quick, courteous service, & even got a reply to that, within an hour! So if anyone was contemplating purchasing from Trusty, all I can say is, go ahead, you can order with confidence. Oh, & I hear what you're saying about the wife......................good luck with that!

BTW THIS IS NOT A PAID ADVERTISEMENT FOR TRUSTYTIME

I second that, my last dealing with TT was smooth as silk! 8 days from order to wrist.

I just got an email newsletter from Trusty, looking at the watches,  I decided to click on "buy it now" on one of the watches, as that is the easiest way to get to the website. Well, much to my surprise, the website has been taken over by a Law firm representing Oakley!! the entire page is filled with the usual "lawyer speak", but the end result is his website is now down. Unless the Lawyers are sending out phishing emails with rep watches featured to see who tries to open up the website.  

I concur. Andrew is a a fine example of what a responsible dealer / merchant should aspire to be. The guy works hard

to keep his name in the best light. He succeeds in that endeavor big time.

Update: QC pics just in for both pieces and they look fine, will approve and get them on the way to me  :inverted:  do you wanna look at em.....................course you do :)  

91_zps0b26065a.jpg

86_zpsc67d0636.jpg

90_zps45091814.jpg

85_zpsf6c0e054.jpg

No expert on Hublot but those screws on the bezel, can you get them all lined up or what  :g: bugging me already  :partytime:

Quick update guys.........................waiting is a bastard   :crazy:  drives me mad   :drive1:   especially waiting on 2 yes  :victory:  pieces.......................must be patient but they told me the shipping would be quick  :rtfm: it says just here !

It gets no easier the longer you are here........trust me   :thumbsupsmileyanim:  will let you know when they arrive!

Both watches look good! The screws on the Hublot are not lined out, it's the same on my Hublot.. But I think you can line them out with that Hublot screwdriver ;) 

Can't wait to see some pics when you'll receive those beauties :notworthy:

www.ttw888.com I agree Andrew at TT is awesome. No worries about phishing emails guys its not that deep. The TD and factories take all the risk. It's not illegal to own reps only to misrepresent by selling as gen. As buyers our only risk is loss due to customs and also address possibly being flagged. So enjoy to the max!

www.ttw888.com I agree Andrew at TT is awesome. No worries about phishing emails guys its not that deep. The TD and factories take all the risk. It's not illegal to own reps only to misrepresent by selling as gen. As buyers our only risk is loss due to customs and also address possibly being flagged. So enjoy to the max!

Who's been on the sauce......... ;)

I hate to "pick your nits" but you cannot make a blanket statement like that - laws vary DRAMATICALLY from one jurisdiction to the other. 

Bill

Apologies guys it's been a busy couple days    :phone:    :weight_lift2:   :yu:  

So both pieces were delivered on 22nd 9 days  after ordering and payment made, came well packaged as usual from Andrew but most dealers will do the same, they don't want broken movements etc either  ;)

IMG_1922_zps581b1186.jpg

IMG_1924_zps55689c05.jpg

IMG_1926_zps12c9f4ae.jpg

After unpacking them I do what we should all do and start my checks to make sure they both work fine and get them ready for a good clean etc

Hublot was the dirtiest I've seen on the bracelet but the head was clean as go figure  :)

IMG_1928_zps51e51505.jpg

Check all those screws are nice and tight

IMG_1944_zps734a3904.jpg

Both were fine with no marks on them and working really well so good clean before I took these pics and job done  :inverted: I really wanted to try a Datejust and I'm so pleased I did the dial is bloody awesome and changes all the time in the light, Andrew lists this one as a blue dial but it's def a green mop, it's a nice dress watch but still manages to wear well with jeans too. I must admit that I always put Datejust and Grandads together in the same sentence but after having this one for a couple days I'm changing my mind and wondering which Datejust to get next time ;)  The Hublot is a fantastic looking piece and I really should love it but not feeling it, I love the very simple dial and the size is great too but I think I'm just a Rollie whore after all :fool:  expect to see it in the sales section soon.............   

Some more pics 

IMG_1941_zpse8a2fad1.jpg

IMG_1952_zpsd4866905.jpg

IMG_1949_zpsddc8a093.jpg

IMG_1947_zps624a6b6f.jpg

IMG_1945_zps5ef3feff.jpg

IMG_1963_zps50232243.jpg

IMG_1962_zpsec5c1d37.jpg

IMG_1959_zps71d14037.jpg

IMG_1964_zpsdeacad6e.jpg

IMG_1966_zps08560fd9.jpg

IMG_1961_zpsa43431ec.jpg

So I hope that this thread showed you some of what you can expect when ordering from one of the Trusted Dealers here, I hope I've shown that your not simply rolling the dice and hoping for the best when you use them, Andrew is just one of the dealers here and I have used others here with very much the same experience from them all, above all you need some patients when you order, my best advice is this Check Stock, Order, Pay, Approve your Qc pics swiftly, and then just forget about the order and relax till it comes to your door :inverted:  tread your own path................... :)   

• Like 1