When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TC date wheel overlay misaligned?

Whatever123

Hi!

On my TC Sub LV the dates are perfectly centered from 1-18 and sit about 0,5mm too low from 19-31...

Is that normal? I had the same issue on my old WM9 V2 Sub, so this looks like a WM9 DWO to me.

Could it be that I have got TC's "factory direct" LV and the DWO is the old WM9 one? 

Thanks

Whatever123

P.S.: If anyone has a spare TC V2 DWO please PM me! :)

I agree, that's not right.  Get in touch with TC, and see if he will replace it for the correct DWO.

Oh, I didn't buy it directly from TC. Got it used from another member. I don't blame him at all by the way, I got a good price and I am satisfied. Still I want to improve the date wheel. And I wonder if my watch might be TC's "factory direct" model. Did he change the DWO on those at all? Or could it be the stock DWO from the factory?

Most likely the dwo was not positioned correctly when it was installed, off to one side. I have fixed many of them

Hmm, but that's not possible if half of the dates are correctly aligned, or is it?

If you're comfortable taking dials, hands and date wheels off the movement, you can peel the DWO off and re-glue it correctly. Use an Exacto knife between the DWO and the date wheel. It looks like the date overlay is also too left biased. I have installed a few if the TC DWO and it takes time to get it right, but when you do it's all worth it.

Hmm, OK... I still don't quite get it. If you don't position the DWO correctly, then imo all dates should be off and not only half of them. I thought if only some dates are not correctly aligned the DWO must be misprinted. Can someone explain please...?  :g:

The datewheel can be off in a number of ways. If it's centered correctly but rotated, then yes, all of the dates will be off.

If it's almost centered, but shifted slightly to the side (ie, towards 3 or 9 o clock) half the dates will be almost centered and half the dates will be high or low. It's much easier to see a crooked/high/low date than to see that a date is a fraction of a mm off center, so this is a common issue when fitting/installing a date wheel.

I have the same issue on my tc sub here you can see mine is to the left and also to lowpost-40133-136493248833.jpg<br /><br />I'm going to get a couple of v2 dwo's from tc, does anyone have any tips on fitting or know if any tutorials on fitting them? I've had a search and found a few topics on what types of glue to use ect. Any help would be great

You can not align ALL the dates if ANY of them is not printed in the correct position from the beginning ( that is a fact!) , I have only ONE datewheel that is perfelctly align at ALL dates of the WM9 overlays.

But on the new noob Ex 2 ALL the dates are perfectly aligned:) ( with swiss eta in it!)