When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

problem with Canada xpress international....

Erict719

I have got a tc dial from a member, its the last new set.

I paid $70 just to get their tracking.

that bs said it left Canada since 4 days ago. And no update after

I called my country postal, claim item has not check in yet.

what can I do? it's bull to pay so much for a crappy tracking system.

any advice here?

Waited more than 5 weeks for a Canada express shipment to the UK last year. That was the expedited, tracked service. Status only changed when it landed in the UK port - I understand it travels by ship and not plane????  :fool:

Had regular Canada post shipments in 7-10 days.  :clap2:

Guys, we have discussed this "ad nauseum" on the general discussion forum for years. it's the same every time. You cannot predict tracking on any package by any of the postal services, period!! They scan some packages, some never get scanned. I got a bezel assembly from Hong kong last week, it tracked like this: Absolutely not one scan from the time it left Hong kong on March 11th until it arrived at my local PO on March18th.

Arrival at Unit

March 18, 2013, 6:26 am

Processed Through Sort Facility

March 11, 2013, 10:47 am

HONG KONG, HONG KONG

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

Acceptance

March 08, 2013, 3:16 pm

HONG KONG

This is what I expect every time I send or receive a package from outside the USA.

If you want step by step tracking Use one of the commercial services like FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc. They scan every package at every stop. It's more expensive, but it's really Trackable.

FedEx has lots of ways to ship. The faster you want it to get to you and the heavier it is the more the cost. FedEx has a website, you can go in and figure exactly how much it will cost to ship a package. all you need to know is the weight, the dimensions of the package andd the postal code of the person you are shipping to.

I can tell you for sure 150.00 USD is a bunch of horse sh*t,  From China to where you are located, in the usual dealer packaging, (soft mailing envelope, no box) It would be about 1/4 to 1/3 that cost.

I went to the FedEx website, using my FedEx account, i can have a watch sized package weight 1.0 pounds hong kong to the USA for 68.00 USD. That's why BK can ship for 60.00 USD, he has a shippers account with FedEX. Without the account, the cost is 86.00 USD, a long way from 150.00 !!

Why do you need to track anything anyhow - never quite understood the need?????

Its shipped, its on its way, its in the hand of the Postal Gods, it lands when it lands!

If it don't arrive its nicked or lost or ????

It's just a great marketing ploy to treble the price - it ships in the same bag, in the same plane etc........

Signature on arrival is worth paying for - tracking = nope!

First off as  i said above, tracking with any of the postal services is a fantasy. unfortunately, the tracking is included with speedier service. If i send USPS Priority or Express it's automatically "tracked) Ha Ha Ha. When you go down to the next level Parcel post it's not trackable, but it's very slow. that's for domestic packages. Now, the USPS does not offer any International services except international Express mail and International Priority.The old International First Class and Parcel Post are no longer available.  International Registered is still available i believe. What varies a lot as well is the ability to insure the package. I always insure my watches, no matter where they are going. IfI sell one, and it's not insured, gets lost, stolen or damaged, the buyer wants either a watch or his money back. that's part of the deal. If  I replace the watch or refund his money, now I'm out the cost of a watch and still don't have the watch! So, you can ship on the cheap, but if something happens, be prepared to suffer the loss. 

The part is from Canada to Hong Kong, I ask for a FedEx express or something, which usually take 4-5 days. my buddy told me its $150 , so I end up choosing Canada post xpress. which is Ems I guess.

I feel werid for such expensive shipping too, but I trust the seller, so I didn't question it.