When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai decides to make a batch of low quality rep Panerais.

this has been mentioned before, so mods feel free to delete, but i just now saw this + thought it deserved it's own topic...

Panerai evidently made some limited edition watches with low grade unfinished standard ETA movements.

Yes, the same ones in many low grade reps.

This was news to me, and further makes me believe in buying reps...

Gotta love the gen forum guys ''calling out'' owners of these timepieces as rocking fakes...when the real Rep Maker is Panerai! :) :)

the real question is, when can we get a 100% 1:1 Super Rep N00B Quality AAA+++ V3 rep of this model :);)

1024.jpg

Weren't there people trying to justify the low grade movement as a result of the cost required to engrave the caseback?

"But I personally dont see the big deal in this situation, I was a little miffed @ 1st as I'm a huge fan & a paneristi, but in the end OP made it right & thats what all should matter, they stand by there product & released an official statement.As long as you are still recieving a mvmnt that is regulated & performs correctly & having a solid caseback so you cant even see the mvmnt anyway."

Actual quote.

If you think that watch is worth the cost, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you!

explanation for people outside the USA: this model, the 318, is the Brooklyn Bridge model. In America, if you are scamming someone by selling them shady merchandise, you are selling them the Brooklyn Bridge. This is a real, old saying! This saying implies that the buyer is naive, and will buy your junk without question.

• Like 1

Panerai tried to make it up to people - offered free servicing and eventually a free movement swap if memory serves me correctly

Wat if...  In 20 years or so, the watches with better movements are considered frankens by purists, and the Paneristi pay outrageous premiums for the handful of extant 'unmodified' 318s?

Inverted Jenny, anyone?