When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Superocean Steelfish Pics

devilseam

I just received this from member on the other RWG board, its brand new and unworn. It originally came from Andrew at TT and is the V2 model. 

To say im happy with this watch is the understatement of the year, when I opened the box the first thing that hit me was the weight, wow, this has a gen feel that is often missing from reps, it feels substantial and well made. 

The Steelfish or SOSF as it is referred to, has been a bit of a grail for me. Not because its a particularly rare piece or out stock at dealers, its just I like to buy from members in the EU if possible and I had missed out on a couple for sale, when I did buy one from a member here I was sent the wrong watch (a milguass) that we agreed I would keep to avoid further shipping. When I spotted this blue one I had to have it. 

Im told the V2 has a superlumed dial and a few tweaks to the bezel and dial font. The lume is very good, much better than my UPO and my recently sold Seadweller. This one has a swiss heart and has run at just +1 seconds over the last 24 hours, very impressive. 

The bracelet is fantastic, I took it off and oiled it over night and it made it even nicer, the clasp is average and the only week point of the watch as far as im concerned. 

The pearl on mine is nicely aligned as is the date window, the rehaut is ever so slightly of to the left as you look at the dial, but its splitting hairs. 

The crown is incredible, it must screw in at least 9 full turns and it winds smooth as silk. It has the nicest action to it that I have ever had, rep or gen. 

If your considering ordering one of these my advice is to go ahead, you wont be disappointed.   

Here are some pics I took this morning, I forgot a lume shot but will sort one later. 

STH70091_zps176c15f0.jpg

STH70092_zps7dc79257.jpg

STH70093_zps33a2922d.jpg

STH70094_zpsbadf6322.jpg

STH70095_zps5e68f22b.jpg

STH70096_zps4eb8d043.jpg

STH70097_zpsc8b9a030.jpg

STH70098_zpsdba6e91c.jpg

• Like 1