When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Problem with my PAM

martijnp

Hi guys, 

Like you maybe know, I bought my first Panerai (PAM104) a few weeks ago, now I didn't wear the watch for a couple of days so I tried to wind it up manually via the crown but now the hands doesn't move when I use the crown. Also the CG pin (don't know what the exact name is) is not so smooth anymore, it also looks like if I get that pin up (to change the date or time) the crown is also coming up. When I want to put the pin down, it has a lot of pressure of the crown. 

Can someone help me out with this?  

Thanks in advance! 

Martijn

Edited by martijnp

Are you sure you have a 104? Because the 104 carries a7750 without the chrono module. There is no stem release screw on an 7750 so the chance of the stem comming loose would be next to impossible in that case.

It could be a small thing like a loose screw jamming something. Crack open the case back if you can and see what is going on. Try a big ball of sticky duck tape. That will do the trick unscrewing the back as most of the time they do not screw it on properly form the factory anyway.....

I opened the case:

img3442oi.jpg

img3440m.jpg

I don't know what I exactly did, but it works  :partytime:

But there was a strange thing, on the CG that "pin". But i'm fixing that now and hopefully it works fine after all! 

Thanks guys for the great help! 

Great job. Hold it upside down and give it a light shake. Maybe a loose screw or part will fall out?

Nothing felt out. Only a little pin out of the CG-pin felt out, so I used some glue.. Works fine now :) 

GASKET-PIN-LEVER-CGcopiar_zps83bb165b.jp

(Not my picture, but the same idea)

• 2 months later...