When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

relume experience

flybridge

Hi,

I send my Explorer II for a relume to a guy called the Relumer in Greece.

Many things went wrong, see the pics and you`ll know. The lume is good but the watch come back with scratches, the crown doesn't work in a propper way anymore (means it's impossible now to wind the watch, if you pull out the crown there's no first position anymore - so I want  to wind but change the date...)

On the dial there's some dust and the black color uf the hands seems way to glossy.

I send a DJ II as well to im but he don't look at the pics I send to him before. Lume of the numbers should be blue and hands green, but he made everything blue.

So that was disappointing as well, and no answer when I complain. So it was a very bad experience at all!!

I cannot recommend this guy at all.

post-49977-0-62245700-1366747663_thumb.j

post-49977-0-84509200-1366747684_thumb.j

post-49977-0-92194300-1366747701_thumb.j

Welcome to RWG, stick to modders listed in these forums, and you will be fine, you like many others went elsewhere, and have now joined the many unhappy members who have done very similar before finding RWG.

Sorry to read about your experience. For future reference make sure to buy the 'craftsman' not the service. Make sure you know the guy and are confident about his work before you ship out. Everybody can call himself 'relumer' ;)

yeah, I know it now, but was afraid to send my watches to US based modders (customs....)

Welcome to RWG, stick to modders listed in these forums, and you will be fine, you like many others went elsewhere, and have now joined the many unhappy members who have done very similar before finding RWG.

thanks, I will do so next time ,this forum is really amazing.Right now I stop purchasing reps 'cause I lost two items in the last half year - customs.....  : (