When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vc Overseas With Mods....

flavor flav

these i modded the case and bracelets. case milled down slightly for an exact fit to the endlinks. perfectly flush....bracelet links are filled for a tight, precise exact genuine feel....makes a world of difference on this one... just waiting for the correct cross for the dial to be perfect then they are next on the list. check it out!

154660-14014.jpg

154660-14015.jpg

154660-14016.jpg

154660-14017.jpg

154660-14018.jpg

154660-14019.jpg

154660-14020.jpg

154660-14021.jpg

154660-14022.jpg

154660-14023.jpg

154660-14024.jpg

Hey I went by the Wempe store as well to check it out a few months ago too. Great minds... :lol:

Flav-

They look great. If you haven't done it yet, relume is a must to get it up to spec. I bought one from another member and actually he had the other color dial as well. So maybe I will swap it out in a couple of years. :)

I was able to get the endlinks to sit flush by unscrewing the endlinks from the case, taking apart the middle piece of the endlink, and rescrewing everything back together.

They're put together in a hurry at the factory with brute force and speed rather than with patience.

It's a stunning replica. Only a WIS will notice the cross shape. I already relumed the indices and hands with C1 Superluminova. I'm not going to bother with the cross.

I always have these questions in mind for this VC Oversea:

1. Is the date window in the correct position?

2. The date fonts are correct?

3. The triangular shapes on the bracelet is exactly the same as that on the gen.?

I really love this watch but these queries still holding me back from pulling the trigger for a long time.

Presumably the finish can be rectified. The person I bought it from had spent significant time polishing the polished parts. Now I just have to work on the brushing. And yes, that cross could be better engraved. :) Bearing in mind that it is a beautiful piece in its own right. A number of years ago I owned a gen Overseas and the bracelet was not nearly as beautiful as the current gen (or rep for that matter). The funny thing was that it needed to be serviced every couple of years or it quickly lost time.

Just plain greedy Flavor flav , having both that is. :D

Seriously though , nice watches.

Which is favourite , black or white?

Silix said he would provide me with a dial with the correct cross to cut off and put on this dial for $36 , but I aint bought the VC yet.

How do you think these watches compare with the Ingenieur?

i like to wear the white most. just as good as the ingy after mods. out of the box, ingy is better.

Hey I went by the Wempe store as well to check it out a few months ago too. Great minds... :lol:

Flav-

They look great. If you haven't done it yet, relume is a must to get it up to spec. I bought one from another member and actually he had the other color dial as well. So maybe I will swap it out in a couple of years. :)

ahhh...i'm not super concerned with the lume. i just wear something else at night anyways. these look best flashing in the sunlight with the laser cut bracelets anyway.

I always have these questions in mind for this VC Oversea:

1. Is the date window in the correct position? yes.

2. The date fonts are correct? close enough. not a VC store on every street to campare.

3. The triangular shapes on the bracelet is exactly the same as that on the gen.? yes but not as smooth finish as gen.

I really love this watch but these queries still holding me back from pulling the trigger for a long time.

Awesome job! I noticed on ebay that someone is selling a gen Overseas chrono dial with only the cross removed...hmmmm....anyone care to fess up that they had a brilliant idea?

In any event, whoever makes a dial with the following changes will make a mint:

1)correct date window shape

2)correct cross

3)excellent lume

As far as the finish goes, you'll never get 1:1 finish on any rep--we're talking about $200 watches here. But, who's going to see your watch close enough that they will be able to call you out on fraction of a mm fit issues? My guess is that most of us will stretch credibility not because of minor fit and finish issues but because nobody will believe we've shelled out 10 grand for a vacheron...

Awesome job! I noticed on ebay that someone is selling a gen Overseas chrono dial with only the cross removed...hmmmm....anyone care to fess up that they had a brilliant idea?

In any event, whoever makes a dial with the following changes will make a mint:

1)correct date window shape

2)correct cross

3)excellent lume

As far as the finish goes, you'll never get 1:1 finish on any rep--we're talking about $200 watches here. But, who's going to see your watch close enough that they will be able to call you out on fraction of a mm fit issues? My guess is that most of us will stretch credibility not because of minor fit and finish issues but because nobody will believe we've shelled out 10 grand for a vacheron...

Lume can be done easily.

Date window shape I see no chance.

Coming to the cross, has nayone really tried out the transplant from the Silix dial?

Lume can be done easily.

Date window shape I see no chance.

Coming to the cross, has nayone really tried out the transplant from the Silix dial?

I can't see any rep maker taking the time to cut a trapezoid or whatever shape the OEM uses on the window either.

I think I remember someone saying they did do the Silix transplant, and someone obviously has done an OEM transplant. I wish they would post pics...