When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rep finder tool

• 2 months later...

I am probably really missing the point of this mate...

But I dont get why... honestly and without trying to sound like a sour puss...

Maybe I will when you have done it...but wouldnt it help in terms of feedback if you were to share an example of what you ahve done..or allow a few guys access to play with it on a limited basis... even if I am completely missing something in the idea...doing that would certainly help you prevent wasted sweat and effort..or allow you to hone the format..

I applaud your efforts mate... :)

Great news!

Is the framework and front end finished?

Yes! Only a few finishing-touches on the design.

I am probably really missing the point of this mate...

But I dont get why... honestly and without trying to sound like a sour puss...

Maybe I will when you have done it...but wouldnt it help in terms of feedback if you were to share an example of what you ahve done..or allow a few guys access to play with it on a limited basis... even if I am completely missing something in the idea...doing that would certainly help you prevent wasted sweat and effort..or allow you to hone the format..

I applaud your efforts mate... :)

I understand your point. And you're right. I'll do a BETA release for some of you guys, to play around with. Don't worry on my sweat wasting, I am full confident of this being a great success! :)

If this works like watchrecon but only for reps, then it will be killer.  

Kudos to you sir for all your hard work at coding this monster.

Looking forward to it!

It works like watchrecon, only with more advanced options and for rep PAMs (maybe more brands in the future).

Ah OK Watchrecon, WIS Market etc...gotcha mate...

So you are looking to bring M2M sales? or Dealer? or both? Then search based on cost, location, key words of model specific?

But how do you envisage controlling access? both for selling and buying? Would it be say a VIP access only like RG does for sales etc...that way only contributiors can access your hardwork.. or are you thinking stand alone given costs... or advertsing to pay for site costs/running etc...

Watchrecon is a great tool especially for non forum members or occasional enthusiasts ..gen wise.... but my knee jerk response worries that this type of tool could create attention or abuse... potentially drawing in all sorts just like watchrecon does.... whereas for reps it would really need to be so controlled..I am sure you have considered that...

May I ask have you discussed your ideas directly with the RWG crew or or Forum crews?  not to discuss specifics of site but more the bigger picture of creating such a site/tool...and the repercussions something like this could create in the rep world and its exposure... if you get what I mean... the comparison of watchrecon does open a whole host of potential issues that could arise in terms of the rep world.or more specifcally our forums/dealers/members..That needed consideration (of the bigger picture) could only come from the considerable experience in the forum admin teams....

Dont misunderstand me mate I am not questioning your ability or capability of creating this.... but more by doing so ..how it could be used from a double edged perspective.. :)

Ah OK Watchrecon, WIS Market etc...gotcha mate...

So you are looking to bring M2M sales? or Dealer? or both? Then search based on cost, location, key words of model specific?

But how do you envisage controlling access? both for selling and buying? Would it be say a VIP access only like RG does for sales etc...that way only contributiors can access your hardwork.. or are you thinking stand alone given costs... or advertsing to pay for site costs/running etc...

Watchrecon is a great tool especially for non forum members or occasional enthusiasts ..gen wise.... but my knee jerk response worries that this type of tool could create attention or abuse... potentially drawing in all sorts just like watchrecon does.... whereas for reps it would really need to be so controlled..I am sure you have considered that...

May I ask have you discussed your ideas directly with the RWG crew or or Forum crews?  not to discuss specifics of site but more the bigger picture of creating such a site/tool...and the repercussions something like this could create in the rep world and its exposure... if you get what I mean... the comparison of watchrecon does open a whole host of potential issues that could arise in terms of the rep world.or more specifcally our forums/dealers/members..That needed consideration (of the bigger picture) could only come from the considerable experience in the forum admin teams....

Dont misunderstand me mate I am not questioning your ability or capability of creating this.... but more by doing so ..how it could be used from a double edged perspective.. :)

No just see it as a catalogue. 

All repped PAMs are listed there with all specifications and you can filter on these PAMs just as you would do with online shopping.

See it as an online shop where you can filter a pair of jeans you're looking for: width, length, color, material etc...

But then for PAMs.

I designed this (product filter for headphones) at work some time ago for a customer, so something like this:

filteru.jpg

I think I'll have all PAMs inserted, with the correct attributes, by the end of the week. Then Ale (RWI) will do some testing.

Then I'll add the PAM pics and a short description (rating & other info) of each PAM.

After that I'll have some of you guys take a look at it and you can give suggestions/feedback...

UPDATE:

Panerai models to insert

Luminor Base

Luminor Marina
Luminor Auto 40mm

Luminor Auto 44mm

Luminor Hunter

Luminor Power Reserve

Luminor GMT

Luminor Chrono 40mm

Luminor Chrono 44mm

Luminor 1950 Manual