When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anybody have any dealings with DW lately?

Not too stressed about this as of yet, but Here is my situation. I bought a dial from DW on March 27th, senrt the Paypal promptly on the same day.  I got a tracking number a few days later, probably around April 4th. Tracking never has shown much, only "origin post preparing shipment " and then nothing. USPS didn't pick up anything at first, but then it showed it was processed through sort facility in China on April 27th. Doesn't this seem like a pretty long time from acceptance on April 4th to sorted on April 27th. i emailed David a couple of weeks ago and never got a response.  I told him that I hadn't received the package and could he please check on it at his end. No response. I'm a little worried that the dial is possibly lost (It was sent registered mail, which is my least favorite shipping method) Any thoughts on this. I don't want to create a stink, but I'm out 160.00 USD for the dial,and  I need it for a build. What  I don't want to happen is to end up with no dial and no money!! I believe if it hasn't arrived in 45 days, I'm out of luck with Paypal. That 's fast approaching. I really don't want to do anything like that, i want the dial, but it really irritates the heck out of me when  I send and email asking for help, and the other end goes silent. Very prompt when you're buying, but then nothing.Seems like that's a big problem on the replica forums, and a constant source of irritation for those of us who are prompt to pay and keep the buyer informed about everything.

I realize that once something is shipped, it's out of the sellers control, but it would be easier for him to get the China Post people to look to see where the package is.

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Bloody hell I would be off the hook,do not know how you guys who do a lot of modding deal with these guys between this and phong's antics I'd wind up wacking someone.

Hahahahahha

Sounds like an awfully long time to have to wait in all honesty.

There's patience, and then there's a line where this runs out with anyone over a period of testing time.

I hope all ends well for you my friend, I know how you feel though, been in several similar situations.

I think he had the label printed but never got around to sending it for a while. If it was processed on the 27th then I believe you should have it this week

Interesting, however it showed "acceptance" on April 4 Th., and I don't think Post Offices show that until the package is actually in their hands.

We will see!

This is what i came up with using China Post for tracking. I suppose it's in the USA, since it showed departing China on April 27th. I really, really hate Registered mail!! i know it's pretty secure, and less expensive, but the tracking sucks, and it's the slowest shipping method since the Pony Express!! Since This package was accepted on April 4th I have ordered and received a watch from a seller in Greece, and a insert and crown from a seller in France.

Since the sequestration  and budget cuts started to take effect  a while back, I do believe the USPS is in a "Slow down" mode. Less folks, no overtime, low morale all equal slow processing and delivery.This package for instance, if it left China on the 27th,  probably got to the USA on the 28th or early 29th. That was 11 days ago. Customs clearance and movement back into the delivery system shouldn't take over a day or two, so what is causing the crazy delays in getting packages in and out of the USA?

Home Tracking by destination country and courier name

iconInformation.gifSuccess find: 4 items!

item No.                Year         Status Location                          Destination Country  Date

RR850595352CN   2013     Collection 52803200                                    US         20130404 0029

RR850595352CN   2013     Waiting for transit airline Space 51003100  US         20130427 0329

RR850595352CN   2013     Departure from China 51003100                 US         20130427 0911

RR850595352CN   2013     NULL FOC US 20130427 2336

I just tried from the USPS site and I'm afraid the tracking is showing that it hasn't been officially sent. I've never seen this before. It's like he gave you a tracking number for a parcel he never shipped and for some reason 23 days later it showed up as received by the post office in china which should have then moved on to the states but didn't.

If its of any consolation, I had a watch take almost 5 weeks to arrive from Joshua in Jan of this year.  It showed that is was in US Customs for a good 2 weeks -I thought it was seized for sure. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I would post and update to this thread. I received the dial last Friday, which was the 17th of May. the dial was mailed on the 4th of April so 44 days from mailing to arrival at my local PO. Not DW's fault, he mailed it promptly, although I didn't have any luck with communicating in the interim, which is always alarming. What was strange was the package sat in China from April 4th to the 27th before it was dispatched to the USA. "waiting on available airplane space" was on the China Post website.

I'm not sure what is happening to mail delivery around the globe? It seems like things are taking longer and longer to get from point A to point B and the cost keeps going up! Items sent Priority Mail to and from the EU that used to take 3-5 days are taking a week to two weeks. Prices are crazy as well. I just put a package in the mail to Ziggy in Canada, Priority Mail, no insurance, total weight 8 ounces. Price was 28.00 USD., and it will probably take a 10 days to two weeks to arrive at his local PO. Maybe the mail services are slower because of the increased risk of terrorist using the mail to ship things that go Boom! Maybe the US Customs service is in slowdown mode because of the sequestration cuts, who knows? It's just frustrating to pay more for less.

A couple years ago it took over 2 months to get two cases from DW and by then he had paid me back (ordered them on eBay). After they showed up, I returned them but afaik they never made it back. Got more cases from DW since then and they arrived in less than 2 weeks. 

"Maybe the mail services are slower because of the increased risk of terrorist using the mail to ship things that go Boom! Maybe the US Customs service is in slowdown mode because of the sequestration cuts, who knows? It's just frustrating to pay more for less."

Imho it is all about the $$...if shippers can get by with slow, shoddy service for the same or more $$, they will always go for it.

US Customs is out to lunch, always has been, always will be because it is a government agency.

'Sequestration cuts' should make no difference, it is political BS. The 'cuts' are in reality only a small percentage cut to the proposed increase in US government funding...they will actually take in a lot more $$ than before.

Four things that will never have enough $$:

Colleges

Hospitals

Churches

Governments

Examples...

Harvard’s endowment fund was $37 billion (billion!) on June 30, 2008 before the stock market meltdown took its toll.

In January 2010, the total value of Harvard’s endowment fund was 'only' $25.7 billion. They were 'broke' and crying the Blues.

Now it is back up and they are begging for money every day of the week while raising tuition.

The US government is always broke. Always will be.

Why?

Because it is run by career politicians, the scum of the Earth.   :pimp:

Hey A, glad to hear you fnally got your dials. 44 days? Crazy.

Sooo, tell me honestly, do you guys think it's worth trying to deal with David these days?

Guest tomas415

Hey A, glad to hear you fnally got your dials. 44 days? Crazy.

Sooo, tell me honestly, do you guys think it's worth trying to deal with David these days?

NO!