When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Past and Present (always changing)

grew

This is going to turn into a picture dump and after I"ll attach stories to each watch.

First Watch I ever bought White Dialed Gen SOSF. Sold it and bought it again and have since sold it

Old

CIMG0349.JPG

new

IMG_0692.jpg

Then I owned a black dialed AP millenary, still wish I never sold it as they are really hard to find at a good price

DSC_0088.jpg

Next was a Gen Breguet XX Ti Chrono that a beat the heck out of for about 5 years and then sold it for what I paid for it 5 years ago. Gotta love Gen Watches for holding their value

breg7.jpg

Up next was a grand Seiko quartz that I bought for cheap and sold for breakeven and to this day regret selling it. I can't find one for less than double what I sold it for.

GS1.JPG

Bought a Rep Vacheron which had been completely redone with a lumed dial and the cross placed in the correct spot. I once again should have never sold this watch.

IMG_5861.JPG

Custom Yggdrisail (sp?) painted dial of the back of a watch movement that I had custom made. Wish I hadn't sold it. I wonder who has it now?

P1080993.JPG

REP Omega Broadarrow AND it had the engraving on the movement

BA2.jpg

REP Hublot Big Bang Tuiga

tuiga.jpg

Girlfriend at the time (now wife) got me this Seiko Spring drive 600m which is an incredible feat of engineering.

DSC_8996.JPG

one of my biggest regrets ever was getting rid of this RXW Plasmir. If anyone has one that is willing to sell let me know.

IMG_1960.JPG

Rep Dewitt Academia that I have now owned 3 different times. Keep coming back to this watch. I wish the gen wasn't so outrageously expensive for what it is. but the rep's crown would dig into my wrist something fierce. I bought the tools from Andrew to change the strap and to get at the caseback but even with a new croc strap the crown issue always had me selling the watch.

IMG_5181.JPG

REP Roxex GMT II that I bought at Kowloon while in HK .its sooooo crappy but the experience was so fun

exp4.JPG

REP Panerai 229 Firenze, with a gorgeous blue dial that wasn't purple. I replaced the crystal with a newer Cartel Crystal and it looked fantastic, but because the dial was a 2 piece the datewheel was recessed and I couldn't get over that so I Sold it.

Pam229006.JPG

Fantasy Franck Mullet Tourbillon. This didn't last long as the movement was obnoxiously loud

IMG_5613.JPG

Cool custom Pilot watch from the guy who wound up making the LUM-Tec brand

pilot1.jpg

Had a REP Chopard MM panda that didn't last very long. Great watch, lume was fantastic but was heavy and thick

panda4.jpg

Rep Breitling Skyline Avenger that didn't last very long on the wrist

P1080980.JPG

MBW/MBK aquanaut which led me to buy a Gen 5066A but I Can't find the pictures

patek(1).JPG

(Place Holder for GEN Patek 5066A)

Gen Ebel chrono, bought it for cheap and was going to turn it into a Franken 16520 but wound up flipping it

EBEL.JPG

REP PAM 112 Little Hero

IMG_1370.JPG

MBW/MBK Rolex DRSD liked it, but didn't love it

watches2.jpg

Next was a Gen Ulysse Nardin Maxi marine. I owned this watch previously for about 3 weeks, went to vegas, got drunk and left it outside the pool when we all went for a 4am swim, never got it back. So I bought another one.

Old

UN%201.JPG

New

UN&TAG02.JPG

Got this Gen Tag Heuer Grand Carrera Tourneau Special Edition that I had for maybe a month before selling it to a friend

UN&TAG09.JPG

Franken Rolex 1675 bought it from someone who took a cartel 1655 reshaped the case and put a gen bezel and gen dial. Love this watch

GMT.jpg

Gen JLC Moonphase tried but I always feel dumb with gold watches.

Untitled-1.jpg

Gen JLC REVERSO SUN/MOON still can't do the gold watch

DSC02351.JPG

GEN Rolex 16750 TT Brown dial with brown bezel. I posted a thread about how I bought it on a whim off crappy pictures on e-bay and had it fixed up and the bracelet sent to Michael Young to get refurbished and this is how it came out. Made a pretty penny on it but probably should have kept it.

Untitled-1.jpg

Franken PAM 024A I enjoyed it while I had it, but couldn't get over the crappy DSN pearl and couldn't find one of the old school cartel cases so I sold it.

PAM024A1.jpg

Gen PAM 024G Loved it but just didn't quite do it for me.

DSC02053.JPG

Gen PAM 072 Loved this watch but found myself never actually wearing it so off it went to a new home

DSC02038.jpg

Tried a PAM 121 but that didn't stick either. It was untouched when I bought it and couldn't bring myself to wear it out at all.

DSC02052.JPG

White Dialed Heuer Monza. Impuse buy while at Seregens fine time in SF. got it for a decent price. Only stayed with me for about 6 months and I sold it.

Heuer.jpg

Bought this Blancpain Perpetual calendar in white gold and flipped it when I should have kept it as this was the perfect dress watch, the prospect of making a lot of money in only a week kept me from doing so.

Blancpain.jpg

REP PAM 201A  build, with WOLF case, LH CG, FGD Dial, JAkob Caseback

201a.jpg

My baby my custom made PBDad Milsub GMT rolex I love it

IMAG0081.jpg

My gen 16800 that the wife got me whose serial matches up pretty close to my birth year

rolex1.jpg

Glashutte Senator Chrono Limited

5391572934_e74a7be233_b.jpg

• Like 1

Holy crap!  You get through watches like I do socks lol.

Seriously some nice watches you have had.  You appear to regret selling most of them, if not all.  You should of kept them all my friend.

Holy crap!  You get through watches like I do socks lol.

Seriously some nice watches you have had.  You appear to regret selling most of them, if not all.  You should of kept them all my friend.

Hindsight is 20/20 and watches index inflation really well so at the time I thought I was doing quite well for myself. The money I made flipping them allowed me to continue buying new watches. I would never have been able to afford all the watches if I kept them all.

Great stuff and love some of those watchs. Out of curiousity, at the end of the day how many watches do you actually keep at one time?

Depends on the number of good deals I can find on gen watches, but I have a 10 pillow watch box, 2 watches that will never get sold, and 2 wifey watches. So I try and keep it to a max of 6.

Thanks for the nice photos of some beautiful watches.

Gen or reps, it is all about what works.

I have made the rounds over the last 20 years, and ended up as a Gerald Genta kinda guy.

The classic's, IMO.... AP RO (15300) and PP Nautilus, etc.

Rolex ends up last on my list.

Couple of things...

1: You have had some awesome watches. Well done.

2: You have the hairiest arms I've ever seen on a man. (Good God I hope you're a man...)

All seriousness: Well done!

1: Thanks

2: Its funny all watch forums make fun of my hairy arms but its super fine blonde hair so you would never notice in real life. But put a close up camera on it and it looks like a forest....

• 4 weeks later...