When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Am i missing something here?

denimhead

This guy appears to have 2 massively under priced watches listed, am i missing something here???? The 1655 looks to me to be 100% right.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rolex-Yacht-Master-II-Weisgold-Ref-116689-/140982450131?pt=DE_Kleidung_Schmuck_Accessoires_Uhren_Armbanduhren&hash=item20d33577d3

• Like 1

This guy appears to have 2 massively under priced watches listed, am i missing something here???? The 1655 looks to me to be 100% right.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rolex-Yacht-Master-II-Weisgold-Ref-116689-/140982450131?pt=DE_Kleidung_Schmuck_Accessoires_Uhren_Armbanduhren&hash=item20d33577d3

I would just about bet the farm that something here is stolen, either the photos are lifted from somewhere else, or probably both of those watches are  hot. We have no concept of the depth and breadth of the criminality that is pervasive throughout the world.Tthieves are stealing whole containers of goods from shipping terminals and airports. Jewelry stores broken into, you name it, it's taking place. The thieves have to have a place to sell these stolen goods, what better place than EBay. Suppose a watch(s) are stolen in the UK, they make their way to Germany, Canada, the USA, anywhere far from the crime scene, sold on Ebay and the money is now clean. Maybe that isn't the case here, but we all know that EBay, Craigslist, etc. are great ways for thieves to get rid of their goods. If that isn't the case, the buyer probably won't get the watch pictured, but a Canal street quality rep.

What is interesting in going through all the EBay listings for the Yachtmaster II, the next closest price was 28.5K and most all were in the 30K+ range for the solid gold models, so right off this should ring a bunch of alarm bells for prospective buyers. All the seller has to do is scroll through the listings to see that his price is way out of range, unless his isn't what it's described as. The only way I would even entertain a purchase like this would be a face to face at a Rolex AD, which I would seriously doubt the seller would agree to.